1/24 Hurricane

ChrisS

chris

your're a fast worker!

I'll skim through and see what I can find tonight, plus my own pics of the BBMF MKII.

post em up tomorrow, I'm of home now to catch the chimney sweep, its the time of year when the fire needs lit of an evening.

cheers for now

T

oh nearly forgot, logged out an in again..doh..

the 3M stuff has a 'fabric' surface to it, I get it from my local art shop as its low tack for illustration board, but Tamiya tape should do just as well.

And some leading edge detail:

1) Tamiya low tack tape painted red for gun tape. I cut the tape into slender strips after I painted it. Then cut them to correct width and applied them over the gun ports while trying to think like an armorer during the BoB :) Then poked through the gun ports with the trusty #11. I'll "burn" the tape and ports with some pastels once I get to the weathering pass.

2) Kit landing light with metalizer paint on the back-side, and the light bay painted black for some depth.

post-4-1069081946.jpg

Chris

superb!,

so much so that I went on e-bay and snagged one for half the going price plus postage.

Its one of the original boxed ones so no third or fourth generation mould / fit probs! I hope.

have you decided on a scheme yet?

I'm fired by your handy work to investigate Willie McKnight's a/c from 242 sqn, some nice nose art in the shape of 242's hitler/boot and a large skeleton and sickle on either side of the cockpit. McKnight was a trainee doctor at wars start and a Canadian, hence the bones/grim reaper art... plus his a/c has the blackport wing which was back in vogue around nov1940... It either that or E M 'Imshi' Mason's desert scheme.

I look forward to the finish.

cheers

Tony

Tony,

I'm doing this for an office mate from Canada. He's been in a "virtual" 401 (RCAF Rams) sqd for years. So I'll be doing a ficticious ship from the 401 as it might have looked in the BoB coded "YO o R."

No squadron or kill markings, and no personalizations. Well, maybe I'll toss a few kills on there :)

• 1 month later...

More progress.

Airbrushed the Nat insigs and fin flash today using Aeropoxy "Cool Masks." I still need to do the call letters then I'll post a review of the masks. They are fairly easy to use and require only a little planning and some common sense to get good results with.

post-4-1072487340.jpg

Excellent job on the Hurri Chris.

Just a thought, but instead of ficticious markings you could always code it as McNab's YO-Q P3069, the aircraft he was flying on 26 August 1940 or, how about Molson's YO-B from the same date?

Regards

Dave W.