1/32 Trumpeter A-10A Thunderbolt II

SteveK_NZ

Steve :post1:

Welcome aboard and glad to see am A-10 Hog under way. Awesome progress and enjoying your workmanship.

I've become a huge fan of AK Extreme Metallics and have found them to be nearly bullete proof. I'm not a huge fan of their black base and use either Tamiya Gloss Back, MRP Black Primer of Mig Black Primer, all of which work wonderfully.

Looking forward to your  next update

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Cheers Peter,

The Hog is actually finished, as mentioned to Kev above, but I do appreciate your comments. To be honest, this is actually only my second 1/32 completed model, the first being the 1/32 Tamiya Spitfire Mk.IXc.

You're right, The AK Xtreme Metals are great paints and this is also why I really like them so much. Not sure if you've used much MRP paints before, but trust me, they are even more bullet proof and hard as nails. The finish from the paint, probably due to the fact that they are lacquer, is superb if you spray it on correctly, and generally have a glossy satin type of finish.

Cheers,

Steve,

1st a harty  :post1: , you're really going to like it here.

It's really nice to see a Trumpeter A-10 build from start to finish. As Kev said, it's record breaking time for sure.  You certainly did an excellent job on building and finishing a rather complex and difficult kit. 

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work here.

Joel