Humbrol colour reference chart.

Herman

I have a mix chart for humbrol paints it is really useful I got it on http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colourcharts/stuff_eng_colorcharts_humbrolbinder.htm

One is a list of the humbrol range and other make alternatives and another shows the humbrol mix for many other airforce colours.

It is listed as Colour Reference Charts-Humbrol Colour System Binder<

It lists Sky type s as: 160*HU34(flat white) + 5*HU101 (mid green) +4*HU99(lemon) +1*HU60 (matt scarlet)

I have not mixed it yet,I am not sure what the asterisk stands for..do they mean 160 parts flat white plus 5 parts etc ?

There is no key to explain. Anyway I hope this is useful for someone..and maybe someone will know what quantities to mix?

Forget it; when Hornby took over Humbrol paints, they thought that 90 Beige Green was supposed to be Sky, so have changed the formula to match it.

In fact Beige Green was the colour for a Spitfire (and possibly other a/c) cockpit, but, when Humbrol initially made the colour, they never bothered to say anything. If anyone has an old Palitoy issue of the 1/24 Spitfire, you'll find an instruction to paint the cockpit 90. I have matched several cockpits to the 90 colour chip, but that's academic, now that it's been changed.

Edgar