Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Navy'.
Found 3 results
Hello partners In this hobby always improves with time, so, here I present two models of submarine type VII. The first one I built could be seen the interior, the compartments and different details that represented the development inside the submarine. The second one focuses on doing a more elaborate exterior work, thanks to the Griffon Model photogravure that complements this model of Revell, the termination in my opinion has been very good. A greeting and I hope you like it https://youtu.be/FJVs40S2Z-s
Hello all, It's been a while since I have posted; in fact, it's been a while since I've been building. But with encouragement from Peter, I decided to post the rest of this build. I'm sure that almost everyone has read all of the glowing reports about this Tamiya kit. I won't add much to what we already know except to say that my experience has been the same. Everything really does fit amazingly well. It fits so well that in the couple of cases where it didn't, I ultimately found out that it was my fault. So be warned when you build this kit. Dry fit everything and if you find a problem, back step until you find where you went wrong. My only complaint is the it's a vastly over-engineered kit. I think we are all used to building cockpits, for example, where we know that not everything, heck, maybe not hardly anything ends up being visible. But it's still worth it because it's fun. I exceeded my fun factor on this kit when it came to gluing together multiple parts to make the assemblies where the flaps fit into the trailing edge. But, that's just me and I'll get off my soapbox now. In spite of the kit having a beautiful (stunning) engine, I decided to do the Eduard Brassin engine because the visible surface detailing is gorgeous. But, I've waiting till close to the end of the build to get cracking on it. The photo below shows the engine block and front housing as well as one of the cylinders. It's painted gloss black as a prelude to using Alclad Aluminum on the cylinder fins. How, you may ask, am I going to mask each of the cylinders? Well, I got myself some Mr. Mask and some Mr. Mask Neo. The difference between them is ???, but I'm hoping that they will enable me to mask the cylinder heads in a reasonable period of time. The engine also has pushrods (scale) and even spark plugs. I'm going to have to do some careful drilling and fitting. Photo etch for the engine includes a couple of odds and ends and the wiring harness. I'm undecided at this point about using the PE wiring harness. I have some .015 solder which may be closer to a scale look, so I'm going to see what I think and then retreat to the PE, if necessary. There's not a lot to say about the rest of the photos. At this point, the fuselage, center wing, outer wings, horizontal stab and elevators, vertical stab and rudder are all done except for final sanding, polishing, and rescribing. Although not pictured here, the landing gear is complete as well. Remaining to be done are some final sanding and finishing, primer, paint, decals, and final assembly. And, oh yes, the engine and cowl assembly. It's been a lot of fun so far, and I'm hoping you will enjoy the rest of the build with me. John
I recently picked up this wonderful kit via the LSP Traders forum, and after looking through it, decided this was the next one. I'll be building it out of the box with the provided markings for US Navy all weather fighter squadron VFAW-3 "Blue Nemesis". This squadron has the distinction of being the only US Navy unit assigned to the North American Air Defense Command. The scheme I'll be depicting, though with the black nose. The decals are for aircraft 32. The kit has seen several owners before landing on my bench. In the box Parts! The main airframe parts, which make for an "oh wow" moment when first opening the box. Decals, masks, photo-etch, all in part of the kit. Nice. So many Fords, so little time... Thanks for looking! Kai