Thoughts on the new Thud!

Paul Stoner

I've been spending the last few days work on a practice build on the new Thud to see how the kit is and where things can be improved with resin detail sets. First off the cockpit is not at all that accurate and lacks detail, this is one area that screems for Black Box to do something. The wheel wells are another area that could use a little resin dress up with some correct plumbing and wireing. If some manufacture feels like tackling some seemless intakes the size of the bomb bay will make things alittle hard, unless you do away with the bay all together. This is a rather large model and I really wish Trumpeter would have offered metal gear, this I see as a big problem and would recomend if you build this for a contest or wish to travel with it to support the jet from the belly and not rest it on the gear.

I really don't want to do any slamming on this kit, there is some good potenial for a great looking kit here and in time we will figure out what sets are needed to bring things to standard. If some of you are building this beast now let us know how your doing with it.

Paul

I have looked at 5 different F-105 kits, 3 of the "D" and 2 of the "G". All the kits clear parts (front wind screens and canopies) on these kits, seem to have a crack in them. Further investigation reveal the cracks seems to be in the molding. I haven't built the kit yet and was wondering if these come out with buffing and future.

Rick B