Hi guys !
I've started this build last august, and have been working only on this one since then, but it took me so long to get it done.... I chose this "simple" kit as i thought it would be a quick build. It was definitely not.
I built it almost OOB, except a PE detail set for the cockpit and belts, and the Furball decals sheet. I added a few details here and there that were lacking the Italeri kit. Otherwise the kit is a nice kit, with correct fit, but prepare some putty if you need to make the doors closed. The canopy did not fit at all, i just dont know if it was my fault or not.
The paint is MRP, the lighter grey of the zig-zag being a custom mix of MRP. The whole aircraft received the have glass finish (clear varnish with metal particles from MRP) and the zig zag were flat coated to get a different finish. Unfortunately, due to the many touch-ups i have to do, this effect is not as noticeable as it should be.
What was a real PITA and took me the most of time was the masking. I spent several weeks on it (ok, i also had a lot of work at this time and did not spent hours on my build every day !).
Well, i was very happy to finish it. Then i had to wait for almost 3 weeks to shoot the pictures as it was raining EVERY day since more than a month.... Crazy ! (Now it's snowing !).
I know some people dislike this aircraft (i understand, you're taxpayers, too ! ), but i hope you will like that model. I wanted something very modern in my display, and now i cannot have anything more modern than this one.
Here is a link to the WIP thread : http://forum.largesc...showtopic=70567
Edited by Zero77, 09 February 2018 - 08:16 AM.