This was a relatively quick build, something else to work on while I concentrate on the Special Hobby P-39. I've been asked to build a Billy Bishop Nieuport 17 and was given the HobbyCraft kit as the basis. I've found that if I first build the HC kit, then build the Italeri re-box, I do a better job the second time around, in addition to the Italeri having better decals.
Did not do a lot with weathering, more concentrated on fit and adjustments and just trying to get the wings aligned, etc.
Yep, drunken sailor there, dipping the port wing a bit, amazingly enough, the wings and all the struts are actually attached. That is a major accomplishment in one of my WWI builds.
Had a little problem with the '2' decal and masking... Thanks to Big Tim for sending me a copy of the decal sheet so I could make a mask.
I'm definitely learning how to make masks, and Tamiya tape is not always the best idea. I'm learning!
Also a pic of the seat cushion I made out of Squadron white putty.
It was an easy and fun build, so shortly will be on to the Billy Bishop build.