• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:15 PM

I did a search and couldn't find this mentioned on LSP, but feel free to delete if I missed something. Dutch Decal is releasing 1/32nd scale markings for Dutch Mustangs. Pretty cool.

• Kagemusha, Out2gtcha, Peterpools and 1 other like this

Contributing Writer at Kitmaker Network (http://www.armorama.com) & Campaigns Administrator at Model Shipwrights

Getting ready for ArmorCon: Meng M1A2 SEP TUSK; "Band of Brothers Meets Dead Man's Corner"

Recently completed: Meng FT-17

Future projects: Tamiya F-4E Phantom II "Kurnass" in IDFAF Service ("Shelf of Doom"?)

#2 R Palimaka

R Palimaka

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

Very cool. Some very different and colourful markings for Mustangs.

#3 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,098 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

BIll

They decals and schemes sure look good. Always food for thought

Peter

• Bill Cross likes this

B5WSeE.jpg

#4 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:46 PM

BIll

They decals and schemes sure look good. Always food for thought

Peter

Peter, one of the things I delight in about LSP is seeing the "alternative" markings from air forces both small and obscure. I'm hopelessly American in my tastes, and usually only build one example of any plane (the Corsair being a CRAZY exception to that with one built and 6 in my stash). So I likely won't get around to a Dutch Mustang. Seeing you other guys build them is a lot of fun for me.

Contributing Writer at Kitmaker Network (http://www.armorama.com) & Campaigns Administrator at Model Shipwrights

Getting ready for ArmorCon: Meng M1A2 SEP TUSK; "Band of Brothers Meets Dead Man's Corner"

Future projects: Tamiya F-4E Phantom II "Kurnass" in IDFAF Service ("Shelf of Doom"?)

#5 Jack

Jack

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,517 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

Bill, i appreciate your ideas, i know what you mean by "hopelessly american", i have the same on the subject of US navy aircraft, including several Blue Angels liveries, but being dutch myself, i can assure you that the only different markings were indeed the national ones, excluding some sharkmouth presentations, but in general the dutch mustangs were all more or less NMF, just like many american aircraft, only the roundels were different.

That being said ofcourse it is very interesting to have a mustang in dutch markings to myself, in order to have a line-up of dutch aircraft thru the years that were.

anyhow, my two p's (ducking for any dutch LSP members throwing aircraft parts at me......... :DodgeBall:)

Jack.......

• Cees Broere, Bill Cross, CANicoll and 1 other like this

everyone in the circuit switch off your radios....now switch 'em back on again......

#6 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:05 PM

Jack, I can't state enough how wonderful it is to have modelers from all over the world. A close friend of mine is married to a Brazilian woman, and he's always building Brazilian tanks and AFVs. We need to have our minds opened, and I appreciate the guys and gals here who bring other nationalities to the game.

• Jack, CANicoll and Shoggz like this

#7 Jack

Jack

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,517 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

Jack, I can't state enough how wonderful it is to have modelers from all over the world. A close friend of mine is married to a Brazilian woman, and he's always building Brazilian tanks and AFVs. We need to have our minds opened, and I appreciate the guys and gals here who bring other nationalities to the game.

true, true..... :piliot:

• Bill Cross likes this

everyone in the circuit switch off your radios....now switch 'em back on again......

#8 Shoggz

Shoggz

• LSP Editors
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:26 PM

Agree 100%

And it's one of the things I really like about this place.

• CANicoll likes this
Real name - Richard!

#9 red baron

red baron

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

i made two :

180112025907489799.jpg

180112025907569305.jpg

:)

Edited by red baron, 12 January 2018 - 01:59 PM.

• Jack, Bill Cross and CANicoll like this

#10 CANicoll

CANicoll

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:06 PM

Gotta love shark mouth Mustangs!  Great job Red Baron - they look terrific!

Chris

• red baron likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users