A Start at last

Bruce_Crosby

Thanks! I'm reasonably pleased as it's the first model I've semi-completed for about four years. Learned a lot making it, assembly and painting is quite different to Armour modelling. The Raiden will be a lot faster, then on to the George and Arado 196 that are in the same state.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

It's Eduard's Bf 109 E-4 Weekend Edition. Out of the box with the exception of HGW seat belts. This is my "learning curve" kit, and that curve was almost vertical. Hopefully I'll do a better job on the Raiden.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Clearly weekends are shorter in the Czech Republic than they are in the UK - 'weekend edition' ha ha. I always thought '8 years and over' on the box was a guide completion time.

Good work Bruce. Some of us struggle to get anything finished as you well know so it's encouraging when others in the same boat actually manage it despite all the distractions. And with Telford approaching there will clearly be more of those...

This is my "learning curve" kit, and that curve was almost vertical. Hopefully I'll do a better job on the Raiden.

Aircraft are a little bit more finicky than armor. There's more to fill, and mask, than on a typical tank. That adds certain challenges to building aircraft, which don't necessarily exist when building armor.

Shot

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the encouragement and the "likes". Some of you are awesome modellers who I've followed through build threads and it means a lot to me. Bob is right about the "Weekend" tag on the kit, it's a real pain to put together and he knows it's taken me a year to get this far!

Shot, I've built Armour consistently for ages but the last time I built a model aircraft was 1974! So it's not necessarily all new skills, just a few I've forgotten. It also helps that I used to be an aircraft technician so I actually do know what I'm looking at. Still a steep curve though!

Today's plan is to get a base coat on the Raiden. On the 109 I used Badger Black Primer shot thru a Gunze Procon Boy 290 fan spray airbrush which is the business, on the Raiden it will be the same airbrush but I think I'll use Gunze Mr Surfacer Black 1500. That shouldn't take long.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Darren,

It's a small world! I've actually bought some armour recently, the Takom T-54/59/69 kits but not the late 55s, wrong era for me.

Aircraft wise I'm into late war big engined stuff and the 109 here is a practice piece. I'm well out of practice but expect a lot more from me.

So I'm buying Corsairs, Mustangs, Fw 190s and Ta 152s, all the Hasegawa Japanese Fighters, Tempest, heck, all the mean looking aircraft. Plus Italian, love the colour schemes.

But so far, it's just a 109.

What are you playing with?

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Hi Guy,

Rather than start another thread I thought would continue in this one as I've already shown one pic of the Raiden.

More progress this morning, a basecoat of black.  It's the Ultimate products, basically re-labelled Stynylres.  Good stuff.

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00751.jpg

Some lunch and a cup of coffee then a coat of green.  I'm debating whether to use Mr Color or the new Japanese set from AK Interactive.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Edited by Bruce_Crosby

Aaahhh...so freakin cool...i love theese raiden...chubby lines....no wrong...curves is more right word...

As...got a love for them Brewster....

Some obsession uh...

They are so cool aircraft to look at...

Edited by Mal_Belford