HobbyBoss P-61A-1 Nightie Mission

Plm

Hello,

Four pictures of my P-61.

It was a too long built to have it in the WIP forum.

I used the Eduard Big Ed set, the True details resin wheels, exhaust and propellers from Relish Models and the Kits-World decals for the Pin-Up.

The other markings are painted using home made masks.

790699P6131.jpg

549106P61161.jpg

427073P61151.jpg

677657P61111.jpg

Hope you like it, even if the pictures make it look too shiny.

Philippe

Philippe   Looks great!!!!!   I would of liked to also see your build on the forums too :thumbsup:    It does not mater how long a build is, Hell look at Harvey's P-38M build is going on five years.  :sorry:   Harvey just had to!!!!   So Philippe :please: post your next build okay :beer4:

Cheers

Danny

Awesome work! Any tips? I've got one in the works, but decided to get other projects finished first.

Tips?

At first you have to decide if you want to make a "A" or a "B".

If it' a "A", as the main landing gear doors are always  opened, you should remove the rear well wall and scratch the oxygen bottles system.

943538DSC0040.jpg

I modified the spoileron representation on the wing to have a more realistic look.

661183DSC00442.jpg

I made a metal spar to give strength to the wing/fuselage assembly ( I think that this is compulsory)

625376DSC08272.jpg

And I painted it before final assembly to have "smaller" parts to manipulate.

689546DSC0830.jpg

I decided not to shorten the nose which is supposed to have a "A" shape but a "B" length.

I think that is not noticeable on the finish model.

But if you want to do a "B" model, there are some aftermarket nose with the good shape.

Hope it helps, and there was a topic on the forum about what to do for each version and each batch.

Philippe

It was quite easy to paint it as sub-assemblies.

The metal wing Spar helps a lot as it give rigidity between wings and fuselage.

Before painting,I added somer thin plastic card pieces on the side of the wing to have a good joint with the fuselage after some sanding

I knew that the wing will go back exactly at the same place after painting.

What gave me nightmares was the fact that I have not paint the three parts at the same time and did not use the same painting method.

It gave me three different shades and it was quite difficult to have the same color at the end.