A6M2 Color question.....

Mal_Belford

A color question, going a bit confused......A6M2 the ones that attacked Pearl harbour.

The area behind the headrest, manual says green, ive read that is supposed to be black somewhere, but looking/google i see green...and looks like black but hard to tell on them pictures....

So please fill in and pictures would be nice.

edit...It is a Mitsubishi...

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Also another question...

As ive read they were all Mistusbishi Typ 21 at Pearl Harbour, non Nakajima manufactured ones, right?

Them Wheelbays, they are the same color as the overall camo on them Mitsubishi manufacrured ones, and Nakajima one got aoteke.

How about them color on them flaps?

Many questions, since i dont trust that Tamiya Manual on colors now...

/Mal

A color question, going a bit confused......A6M2 the ones that attacked Pearl harbour.

The area behind the headrest, manual says green, ive read that is supposed to be black somewhere, but looking/google i see green...and looks like black but hard to tell on them pictures....

So please fill in and pictures would be nice.

edit...It is a Mitsubishi...

/Mal

Area in question should be black on the A6M2.  Interior Green on the A6M5. 

Also another question...

As ive read they were all Mistusbishi Typ 21 at Pearl Harbour, non Nakajima manufactured ones, right?

Them Wheelbays, they are the same color as the overall camo on them Mitsubishi manufacrured ones, and Nakajima one got aoteke.

How about them color on them flaps?

Many questions, since i dont trust that Tamiya Manual on colors now...

/Mal

Yes, Pearl Harbor zero's were all manufactured by Mitsubishi.  Nakajima had not delivered any A6M2 in time to get them into carrier service for the Pearl Harbor operation.  Wheel wells would be same color as the underside of the aircraft which in this case is the color of the aircraft overall.  Flap interiors would be aotake. 

Rear deck should be the same blackish blue as the engine cowling, Gunze do the specfic colour/shade Mr color C-125 Cowling Color its a very very dark Blue that's so dark it looks Black. Also, those rivets on the rear deck should be raised, not sunken I'm pretty sure I read when doing my research for my A6M2 build.

Ade....

Raisen rivets....ok.....and that cowlong color noted.....

Can someone confirm this about rivets on the area....ill fix this matter, got transfers with rivets so i can do this......

Bit then i need pics on what to do....

/Mal

Ade....

Raisen rivets....ok.....and that cowlong color noted.....

Can someone confirm this about rivets on the area....ill fix this matter, got transfers with rivets so i can do this......

Bit then i need pics on what to do....

/Mal

Mal, basically all you need to do is match the lines that are sunken, Tamiya got the locations right, they just sunk them instead of raising them.

Rear deck should be the same blackish blue as the engine cowling, Gunze do the specfic colour/shade Mr color C-125 Cowling Color its a very very dark Blue that's so dark it looks Black. Also, those rivets on the rear deck should be raised, not sunken I'm pretty sure I read when doing my research for my A6M2 build.

Ive applied Tamiya Rubber black, wich is Black with blueish tone....yep got that ...

/Mal