Well folks, it's time to see how this one goes together. This will be a notional 'review build' in the same vein as the Kittyhawk Texan and HK Models Meteor before it. That is, pretty much straight-out-of-the-box to show how everything goes together and what, if any, problems there might be. In that spirit, I'll be going against my normal habit and leaving all the panels open where they can be. I've also decided that I'll add extra details if I feel they'll enhance the end result, but they will of course be duly noted during construction.
Not much to look at so far:
Rather than bore you with a bunch of sprue shots, I'll direct you to my recent preview of this kit on the website, which features all the pertinent information and photos of this particular example. The bubble-wrap in the photo above is protecting the clear parts.
My sample was nicely coated in mould release agent, so all the parts have had a good wash in warm soapy water, including a bit of a scrub with an old toothbrush. I only managed to break off two parts!
Bear in mind too that this is a test shot, without nose weight, decals or even the final instructions (I do have a preliminary set in digital format to work from though). It also features the original canopy with the bulges as add-on parts, which is apparently going to be re-tooled as a single part with moulded-in bulges. Let's hope they're successful with this! At this stage I'm not sure if I'll wait for updated parts, or simply plough on with what I have in the box. It will depend on who gets there first I guess!
Anyway, I hope to bring you guys some actual modelling soon.