MAAM P-61B

pzcreations

hey folks...back again with a new commission project....this time the HB P-61B , which is being built as the MAAM restored craft for someone at MAAM. so plenty of reference to go by...for what they have installed anyway.

Im using the True Details interior sets,resin wheel set, resin parts from Relish, Eduards interior and exterior set, and HGW seat belts.. and AMS resin prop set if I can get it. anyway....put your seats in the upright position..tighetn your HGW belts ...and lets get goin...

startin with the front office Im installing the resin bits while checkin between what MAAM has,what TD did..and what my reference books show should be there that MAAM hasnt done yet. Im only seein 1 relief tube in both the MAAM photos and the reference books, which is located about mid ways between the pilot and gunner...HB has you install 2..but Im goin with what I see.. also, TD and HB left out the generator control box..fortunately the Eduard set has it...

DSCN6164_zpsbc153d44.jpg

DSCN6165_zps3a2ff722.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Tim

Wonderful start on the Widow. Will be following with great interest as I slowly keep assembling AM sets for my up-coming P-61 build this winter.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Guest Nigelr32

Went to order mine from Sprue and they do not list the cockpit or radar station from True details? Did they stop making it already?

Mike

The TD set is the same as the Avionix sets I believe?

hey Mike, theyre listed on SB..ones OOS though.. I saw that AMS set..its in Aussie land..

Relish Models do a set of resin props.

anybody know what color the canvas cover in the rear of the cockpit should be?

Canvas. :frantic:

Darken some U.S. Armor Sand (I forget the F.S. #) and apply that as a base coat. After it's thoroughly dry, highlight it with the same color straight from the jar. It works well for me.

Nice commission Tim (wish it was me doing it) - Good luck on what will undoubtedly be a superb model (it will be interesting to see what markings it ends up in as that ssems to be pretty well under wraps for now for the full size aircraft!).

Cheers

Derek

thanks guys 

Chris...if I were to recommend a set for the interior, Id go with the Eduard sets..while the Avionix is detailed and fits well..it looks like they got alot of the parts on the side wall too big..or too long..look how far back the instruments/boxes/etc on the right hand side of the cockpit go back in the Avionix set compared to a photo of the real thing...in correlation to where the pilots seat is located. also both HB and Avionix left out the generator control box ,which Eduard did include. (see the box behind the pilots seat,right wall) though,it should be closer to the seat..but the molded on details from Avionix prevent that.

Derek, I dont know what the final markings will be..but I do know whats planned for this build... MAAM has some temp nose art already painted on it.,which thats what I will be doing.

100_9110_zps38ac7f9e.jpg

100_9115_zps8c47601c.jpg

100_9111_zpsf7a9f869.jpg

100_9112_zps292ee34c.jpg

100_9113_zps14cf1695.jpg

It looks like Avionix got the seat too far back too. Lookin at it from above..thats a long stretch from the seat to the dash board and pedals.

btw, I like the revised HGW seatbelts which include actual instructions now too!

100_9118_zpsac5c9452.jpg

100_9117_zps50a6ee78.jpg

100_9121_zpse6c99eb7.jpg

100_9119_zpsda8f2ba9.jpg