WNW Tripe build, 9/23/13 - Painted and Assembled

seiran01

Stay tuned if you're excited to see this kit! I'm going to be diving right in later today now that I know it's on a postal van headed my way this afternoon. LSPKev, yes ill do a box top shot for the kit database too :-)
-mike

---update--- I may or may not be using this as an excuse to avoid pre-thanksgiving housework!

Edited by seiran01

Oh my goodness, that's awful, I mean really awful! Being the kind of guy that looks out for his fellow man/modeller, I'd be only too happy to ease the pain of you having to bash these bits of styrene in to submission. :innocent: Please send it to me for immediate environmentally friendly disposal. We still have a little more room up here in Canada to bury stuff like that Mike! :whistle:

Cheers,

Wolf

Haha nice try Wolf.

Well crumbs, anyone got a good idea how to paint the fine wood stringers/ribs on inside fuselage halves without messing up the "linen"? Have repainted the CDL twice now and even with a microbrush or toothpick I can't figure out a good way to paint the wood grain without getting some on the parts that aren't wood. Much more difficult to do cleanly than with non-oil paints

Edited by seiran01

That does look nice, I might have to get that kit. At first I wasn't overly excited but we have one of these in our Museum at the airport so reference is immediately available and those sprue's look nice.

Please keep posting

Ron

Well shoot, away goes the kit, I'm off to my girlfriend's parents' place until Saturday and I can't take paints, compressor etc with me (DH2 rigging should get done down there, at least :) )

SO here's how she looks. wood, CDL, and aluminum parts painted, no detail painting has been done yet, and the oil paint is drying so I'll seal that and possibly yellow it a little later in the weekend.

As mentioned, the very thin wooden ribs/stringers are a pain in the arse to paint with my skills, the shot with the sidewall and cockpit floor fitted in was my 4th attempt and the least awful-looking of the lot!

Happy Thanksgiving folks, I'll continue this build in a few days!

-Mike

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0920.JPG

IMG_0921.JPG

LIke I said... this fuselage paint attempt was the least ugly so far... and yes I'll redo it when i figure out a good way! Suggestions welcome.

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0926.JPG

Wow - quick start and looking good!

I am with you on how difficult it is to paint those stringers - I am thinking of trying to cut Tamiya tape into the correct size rectangles to mask and airbrush them - I just will not be able to get a good result free handing them...