1/32 Bf.110C-4

Radub

OK, where'd you get an oblong drill ? :blink:

He he he, I got it from the oblong toolshop! :D

Naah, I "chain-drilled" the holes. At first there were three holes drilled with a 0.7mm drill and with a scalpel and a fine needle file the holes were "joined" into one oblong hole.

Radu

Edited by Radub

• 1 month later...

I am back with photos. I have been quite busy for the last while and I neglected the updates. Apologies.

So, I shall continue from where I stopped.

Here is a photo of the tabs inside the slats.

DSCF0600.JPG

For the last two weeks I have been painting the cockpit. The cockpit is extremely complex, but beautifully detailed.

This is the instrument panel. This is the kit part with the Eduard dial faces. At first I was sceptical of the idea of pre-painted P/E dials to be glued on top of plastic parts, but it works quite well. #

DSCF0595.JPG

Great work Radu

The self adhesive dials from Eduard look to be a great idea. Gets past the problem that the dials looked great but the pre-painetd instrument panel always looked a bit off colour and sometimes appeared somewhat pixelated.

This is going to look good when finished..

Matt

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Matt, the dials are not actually self-adhesive, I had to glue them on. The printing method gives them a "grainy" texture, but I varnished the entire panel with satin varnish and that made it uniform. The dial faces were hen filled witn clear gloss varnish to simlate the " glass".

Radu