Fw-190D-15 Werk No. 601286, Nellingen 45

Guest Martinnfb

Where to start?

First time, about 20 years ago, when I saw it in the Model art 190D/152H book, where Mr. Nohara supplied a set of beautiful drawings.I was hooked. An ultimate development of D-series appealed to a young punk who's model building was so very inspired by Clostermann's autobiographic novel "The Big Show".

...but there was a problem , no documentation , data, pictures, written orders. There for it was just another "what if" subject , or at the best" Luftwaffe 1946 ".

Since then, there were few books published about this type and one by one is copping the very same errors as the previous one.

recently I was able to lay my mitts on JaPo publication with 2 known pictures and reconstruction of the possible camo scheme. That should do, for the old punk! :punk:

Quick talk to Jerry and thanks to his patience, I was able to get his resin Ta-152c fuse. as a donor of the engine and the rest will be supplied by obligatory Hasegawa's D-9.

Interestingly enough the TA nose fits perfectly on d-version fuselage. No distortion of the panel lines as described on the drawings!

Makes sense. German shake and bake fighter school, here we go.... :party0023:

D15002.jpg

D15001.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Wow! Another one!

You seem to like most what i hate most: to putty and sand! :D What do you use, or: what is this yellow stuff and what is this red stuff on the fuselage pics? Just curious...

I am alarmed to see resin exhausts on your built for i am waiting for Jerry to re-cast me some stuff and i am afraid i forgot these...

Your build thread title mentions the town Nellingen. Where do you have this information from? I am asking for i went to school in a town with this name! A quick search on Google provided this: Nellingen Barracks. There has been a D-15 in Nellingen?

I´ll follow your most intersting build!

Thomas

Hi Martinfb,

very nice choice! :wub: Very good craftsmanship! :clap2: Will get a beer and keep an eagles eye on your progress. Hope Bekim will finish his D-15 too at last. Would mean to have two masters doing the same plane. There will be much to learn for my own Focke Wulf Wulf production line. :beer4: .

Edited by fam43

Hey guys,

Thanks to all of you for the awesome feedback .

Automaton. The plan is : My little Nazi airplanes will take over the BC, than the whole west coast, then the world, another planets and then of course, the galaxy :evil_laugh: ....wait !,....where is my pill??? :ph34r:

Thomas.,, actually I hate the putty and the resin and the nerve-wracking sanding process is just killing me, but the price is a n unique machine in my collection, so I do have to bite the bullet.:)

The resin exhaust was a part of Ta-152c fuselage from Jerry. looks like Bf-109 style, I used it , because it is softer than plastic and therefor easier to hollow out :)

Yeah Nellingen barracks was the place where the test flights of d15 series were transfered after the DB facility at Echterdingen earned a status of a high priority target by allied air forces.

It is Nellingen where the wreck of 601286 was left behind. The rest of unmodified D9s flew out on 22.4.1945. ( source JaPo)

Misha, thanks for the kind words. The yellow(stuff Y) stuff is Tamiyas polyester putty.

Michael. Thanks for the kind support. I feel flattered by being compared to a master modeler like Bekim is. i am just an assembler.Messy and inpatient. But thanks anyways :)

Oh , and the red stuff , so called "stuff R" is a red oxide automotive primer. i am using it because it provides a great bond with the greasy resin and fills all of the small scratches and imperfections.

Today was so busy, but there is a little progress in the engine bay...:)

D15001-1.jpg

D15003-1.jpg

D15002-1.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Thank You Mark.

Thank You Jerry.,,, and no worries, this thread is also a presentation of your work and I am secretly hoping that one day You will get back, with offerings of your amazing resin. As I said before. You have done, single-handed, so much more, for big scale modelers, than all of the big ass companies, all together.In my eyes You are the Man, the Pioneer of the Big-scale aftermarket.

and here are some cockpit pictures.

D15pitt.jpg

D15cpit.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

• 9 months later...

well,...Me again...so,,,I've realized that the intake provided by Jerry is too small. I know there is no picture showing this part of the plane, but let us assume that there was blending of production with the new TA line, I opted for modifying the sucker using a plastic tube, fabric, super glue and Tamiya putty . The rough result on the pics below :punk: Doesn't it look cool?

ta152c001suc.jpg

ta152c002suc.jpg

as an bedtime story here is preliminary paint job in order to get the feel for unusual scheme, plus to pick up last imperfections Rivets were scribed by wheel, I'll punch them later, the reason for this experiment? Do not ask me, just because I can, kinda like the government of yours, so Good night now :party0023:

d15pp1.jpg

d15pp2.jpg

d15pp3.jpg