Albatros D.V

LSP_Ron

I just bought this very kit.

I have never heard such a string of great and pleasant things said about a model company and pretty much EVERY model they are currently producing. TOP NOTCH looks like to me..............everything from WnWs website filled with a TON of useful info, pics, and hints, to their boxing and box art, to the PRICE they have their models at to finally and most importantly, the quality of their models. ESPECIALLY for a company that was pretty much unheard of a year or a year and 1/2 ago.

CHEERS SIR PETER.

I just wish EVERY model company was like this. OR I wish WnWs produced a whole line of WWII stuff :BANGHEAD2: You could almost count on a Tamiya quality WWII bird in that case..... *SIGH* tiz not to be though.......so I will have to try an Albatros, then wait for my D.H. 2!

Got the Albatros DV, some of Bobs buckles and some aftermarket Albatros DV decals to go with it. Hope mine turns out as great as yours Ron! :BANGHEAD2:

Cheers,

Brain

Looking most excellent!

I've been on something of a modelling hiatus thanks to vacation/work stuff, but have made some meagre progress with the WNW Pup. Guess I better start a thread...:speak_cool:

This is inspirational work! I have one of these in my stash as well and it's close to the top of the "to build" list.

Tim W

Thanks all! and those who have this kit waiting in the build list enjoy it. It's a good one

I now have the wings on and the whole thing rigged. I'll post pics in the next day or so.

Ron

Beautiful work Ron! Can't wait to see her with the wings on.

Thanks,

Well here you go. Some quick snaps of it almost done. The prop is just hanging on and not glued yet and there are several little bits to add yet. Sorry for the poor pics

Rigging was a snap. It took me less than one and a half hours to rig. I used 4 lb fishing line. I drilled all the rigging holes clean through before assembly then glues one end of the line into a hole with instant cement then fished it through the other hole, pulled it tight and glued again. The result is a lot of whiskers which I trimmed off with a scalpel then touched up the paint. Works great.

Cheers

P8130007.jpg

P8130004.jpg

P8130005.jpg

P8130006.jpg

Thanks guys,

Yes Shawn, it would make a good starter kit. This is only my second WW1 bipe. My first was their SE5 which would also be a good starter but harder to rig.

I found mounting the upper wing on this one was harder than the SE5 was. The lower wing assembles with no dihedral but requires some when assembled with the upper wing. You can pull the lower wing up to meet the outer struts and glue them easily but this stressed the fuse on mine and it split along the seam between fuse halves around the lower wing. It wasn't a big deal to fix and was likely due to a weak bond.

Ron