Dragon Bf-110 build threads

LSP_Ron

I am about to start this kit and thought I would look up some build threads for some dooos and don'ts...

I am surprised how few threads there are out there!

Here at LSP there are only a few, Pfuf's being the only one I could find. Astro has one started but it's incomplete.

Is this an unpopular kit or something?

I am about to start this kit and thought I would look up some build threads for some dooos and don'ts...

I am surprised how few threads there are out there!

Here at LSP there are only a few, Pfuf's being the only one I could find. Astro has one started but it's incomplete.

Is this an unpopular kit or something?

Did you see Russ's conversion Ron?

Kev

Did you see Russ's conversion Ron?

Kev

No? I missed it completely :D This month I moved from VP of a US oilfield manufacturing company to VP of a Canadian based one. It's been a long month of traveling and learning the new ropes so I haven't spent much time on line.

Nice build! I searched in the prog. area for Bf-110 and got nothing, I searched Dragon Bf-110 and only got a few builds.

Ron

Definitely on my to do list. Lots of incomplete in the way though. Nice job with his MG's on the test stand eh?

It looks like an awesome kit.

Cheers Matty

Yep, got one meself. My hold-back is that I don't have anywhere to put it when it's done really. And I've got the old Revell kit to contend with too. Looking forward to tackling them both one day.

Kev

Military in Scale April 2009 Issue Built by Spencer Pollard, very helpful aritcle. He points out almost all of the problem areas and offers some GREAT solutions to the misidentified parts etc that the instructions would lead the hapless modeler to and the photograpy and overall finish of the kit is beautiful....Brett Green on Hyperscale has a list of corrections as well. I have the kit myself, just got it for my Birthday on the 4th..I also got a set of Quick Boost exausts that should really make that area look much improved. With Russ's magnificent G Conversion on here, those three resources should prove very helpful when I get around to building mine. I have to decide on starting my Tamiya Spitfire or the 110 eventually, but Im up to my eyeballs in P-38 and finishing a Bf 109G-10.

Paul

.Brent Green on Hyperscale has a list of corrections as well.

I looked there with no luck? No bash about this site intended but I have a really hard time finding things there and I can't figure out the forums? The format is really (bad) hard to use and I gave up a long time ago (no offense intended).

Would you mind posting a link here or PM me a link to that list? I intend no negative ill will to Brett's site (truly) but I can't find a search feature anywhere that actually works for me (maybe I am missing how to use it), the features and galleries section has not been updated since 2007 and under Messerschmitt there is no Bf-110's in 32nd scale? the review section only has his review on the Dragon kit with not input on corrections? or I am missing something? where is this corrections list?

Cheers ;)

Ron

Ron,

Here ya go! there is an Addendum at the bottom of the article, also the magazine I mentioned lists a few others that will really help getting the engine nacells and engines to fit better the first time round.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2008/reviews/kit...3reviewbg_1.htm

And his gallery build as well .

http://www.hyperscale.com/2008/galleries/bf110c32bg_1.htm

IPMS Build review..

http://www.ipmsusa2.org/reviews2/aircraft/..._32_bf110c7.htm

Tom Cleavers review build... a bit dramatic, but then I dont think to much was out there to assist anybody as far as articles at the time of this build.

http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/axis/cleaver/tmc110c7.htm

Happy to help,

Paul

;)

I have had this kit since it came out and intend to build it one day. Problem is I fondle the parts and realize that it is soooo detailed I almost am afraid to start it. The parts just look fantastic. Other problem is choosing a color scheme. I just have not found one I am sure will keep me going through the build. Same problem with the Ju88 for me.

Just my .02

Matt

Ron,

Here ya go! there is an Addendum at the bottom of the article, also the magazine I mentioned lists a few others that will really help getting the engine nacells and engines to fit better the first time round.

Thanks Paul!!! :hi:

HI Ron Don't forget these from Pitbiker great build.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=21827

johan

yup that is a TOP build.

as to subject matter, i am waiting for Erp.Gr210 decals which the LPS chap came on here saying he had done...

i emailed him and apparently he has only done them in 1/48!!!!!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :deadhorse: