Revell P-51B Mustang

Adrian A.

Last pic of the night

I thought about sanding the plane down and rescribing, but because I'm not really offended by all those rivets on the Revell, I decided to just do some sanding between them just to smooth out a few rough spots on the surface. This worked out pretty well on my 'Ina' build, so I guess I'll give it another go on this ship, and I'll leave my foray into rescribing and riveting for another day.

Thanks for looking in, I appreciate it!

Adrian A.

post-177-1260337976.jpg

Thanks Kev, I appreciate it!

I love the old Revell kits, especially the Mustang. It was one of the first big, 1/32 scale kits I ever built in the early 70's. I know they're not perfect but I'm OK with that. I fix or add what I can & don't try to worry about much of the rest.

I do this for the fun of it.

I did a bit of work on the fuse insides by adding some ribbing in the tail wheel area. I thought it a good idea to add a bit of detail there, but if I get a Jerry Rutman tail wheel bay, this will never be seen.

post-177-1260408173.jpg

I sanded the framing in the engine bay to help accommodate the ribbing on the cowl piece. I guess that was a bit of a 'Duh' on my part. A little more thought on it & I could have moved the strip forward or back on the cowl piece & missed the framing nearly completely.

In any case, I managed to get the fit pretty close. I'll know more when I actually button up the fuse later & see how it fits then.

I also drilled some holes on the framing. I'll add more to the center line frame when I get it glued together - it's much simpler to get them matched up that way.

post-177-1260408882.jpg