Trumpter A-10 Build By Texas

Texas

HI I am starting my build thread for the Trumpter A-10 as part of the Unoffical Thunderbolt GB to include A-10s and P-47s. If you wish to join in start your own build thread with the same type of Title and Description. There are no prizes for this GB and no deadline other than finishing your model

A-10ac.jpg

Here's what I will be start with and most likely will be working on the gun first. I will try and post photos as I make progress. So wish me luck, I'm sure I will need it. Any suggestions or pointers are welcome.

Let The Fun Begin

HI Well no said this Texas boy had any sense so here's what I have been doing to the A-10.

A-10S1a.jpg

A-10S2a.jpg

A-10S3a.jpg

A-10S4a.jpg

A-10S5a.jpg

A-10S6a.jpg

A-10S7a.jpg

A-10s8a.jpg

I am trying to scratch build a gun-bay so I can install the gun but leave most of the bottom doors or pannels open.

All comments, suggestions or observations are welcome. Yes Help If You Can

Tex,

Youre off to a good start. Keep posting, I ld love to see more. If i had to make a suggestions, Ild say take your time. It will all work itself out.

Geoff

Hi Texas

Good start. I can't find the bits I want so I am going to delay a while longer. Ironwings advice is good, take your time and enjoy.

Thanks

Ian ;)

HI I will keep plugging along, looking forward to you starting yours and yes I plan on taking my time and trying to get it all worked through

Texas :P :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tex,

Youre off to a good start. Keep posting, I ld love to see more. If i had to make a suggestions, Ild say take your time. It will all work itself out.

Geoff

HI Thanks for the advise. I am trying to work it out before I move on. Like one step at a time.

Wow Texas

i love to C where you are going with this bird.

Looks like major scratch building.

Very nice job so far.

Bert

HI Thanks for positive comments. I just had to try this on the A-10 since the gun is such a big part of the aircraft and Trumpeter gives you a good one. I just couldn't hide it.

Looks like you're off to a great start! Be advised though that you'll need room in that nose for adding weight. Quite a bit of weight! It's a real tail-sitter if you don't....

Looks like you're off to a great start! Be advised though that you'll need room in that nose for adding weight. Quite a bit of weight! It's a real tail-sitter if you don't....

HI Thanks for the info on the extra weight. I am going to add weight to the ammo drum, in front of the cockpit, behind the cockpit and anywhere it looks like I can. Any idea how much is needed. The instructions call for 80 grams in two places.

Texas :P :lol: :lol:

HI Thanks for the info on the extra weight. I am going to add weight to the ammo drum, in front of the cockpit, behind the cockpit and anywhere it looks like I can. Any idea how much is needed. The instructions call for 80 grams in two places.

Texas :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think you're safe with the instructed amount, although if you add resin to the engines or anything aft you'll need to compensate. The resin cockpit adds weight up front though also...

I think you're safe with the instructed amount, although if you add resin to the engines or anything aft you'll need to compensate. The resin cockpit adds weight up front though also...

HI Thanks I may try and get the nose section partly together with the weight I can add and then tape the rest of the big parts together and test it at the main gear mounting places to see how it looks.

I should have some more photos in a few days.

Texas :) :D :lol:

Hi Texas,

Have you finished yet?

Thanks

Ian :(

HI Well Sure. Did you scroll down the page to fast and miss the photos of the completed model? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No actually I have been taking my time on this Old Big Hog and trying to get it all figured out. I decited to try something that during all my research through the web sights no one had tried that I could find. That being opening up that Big Gun Bay so you can see what makes the A-10 such a Big Hog Hog

Have you had any luck finding the detail sets for yours?

Texas