Me 110 E and G-4 build

Hacker

Well with the interest in the 110 of late l thought while l was waiting for parts for my 152 l would go back to the 110 l have been building. So here is what l got so far

post-542-1173359805.jpg

This is the cockpit. First off l am not entirely happy with it. l used some of the eduard sets and not happy with the depth of the details. it came out looking more like a decal then a PE item. Also l came across recent info that tells me the set l got here is totally wrong so as they back to the drawing board

post-542-1173360559.jpg

Chop chop chop. l not only removed the control surfaces but the wheel well as well. The reason?? the interior of the wheel well is part of the wing and should be flush not rasied as in the kit.

post-542-1173361242.jpg

here is the flap so far. l have to figure out if this is right or not concerning the bump that goes where the rad is. l feel it should be smaller but l have yet to find any info on this. Once l get this figure out l may get these casted as l need two sets.

post-542-1173361433.jpg

Here is the tail . Now this is the E version the G had a much bigger rudder so l am working on that as well. Again l hope that once l get them done and l am satifed with the results l may get them casted. Well thats all l have done. Like l said l been working on this off and on as l find info or l am between projects. In light of new info l came across l find l have some rework to do. Also when it comes to the G-4 l plan to redo the canopy as it is way too thick compared to the C and l am going to make it with all the modes including the "Schrage Musik" installation of two upward firing cannons ( this elimates the rear gunner on this plane) Well thats all for now

Hacker ;) B)

That looks great so far... man you are fast! First the Typhoon and now this.... a bsy guy you are!! Hej, did you catch the pics I posted earlier (lat Dec/2006) regarding the Me 110 F that I photographed in Berlin? There are a few good shots of the wheel wells... if you cast those flaps up... are you going to sell me a set B)

I love this machine.... and I have slightly started my G-4, just waiting for Jay to get his cockpit set out, the main gear, and hopefully an enlarged set of rudders! Great stuff!!

Cheers

Alan ;)

P.s are you thinking of going with the kit canopy or a vac'ed copy?

Hacker,

You are a brave man indeed :) !

To me the bumps on the flap when compared to drawings and photo's look correct. By the way, the G-4 nightfighter had a 3-man crew; pilot, radio/radar-operator and a gunner, making it a very cramped working environment.

Hans

UHHHH Hacker, doesn't the G-4 Have a Bordfunker that doubles as a reloader type guy..... or are you doing a not nachtjaeger :)

Yup doing the nachjaeger version but like l said full modifcations

That looks great so far... man you are fast! First the Typhoon and now this.... a bsy guy you are!! Hej, did you catch the pics I posted earlier (lat Dec/2006) regarding the Me 110 F that I photographed in Berlin? There are a few good shots of the wheel wells... if you cast those flaps up... are you going to sell me a set ;)

I love this machine.... and I have slightly started my G-4, just waiting for Jay to get his cockpit set out, the main gear, and hopefully an enlarged set of rudders! Great stuff!!

Cheers

Alan B)

P.s are you thinking of going with the kit canopy or a vac'ed copy?

How did you guess. l will have to sand off all the canopy framing and vac that, then make new thinner framing for it ( at least on the G-4) and as selling castings l have not decided yet still have to do some finishing on them. Then l have to find out who will do it and the costs. AS working fast l been working on this off and on between other things and research into the differences of the two versions. If you can please forward pics if you can as l would be interested in seening them

Hacker,

You are a brave man indeed :( !

To me the bumps on the flap when compared to drawings and photo's look correct. By the way, the G-4 nightfighter had a 3-man crew; pilot, radio/radar-operator and a gunner, making it a very cramped working environment.

Hans

When they put the upward firing cannons in it made it very cramped in deed. According to my drawings the upward cannons took up all the space usually used by the gunner. So that leaves the radio/ radar operator to load the drums. The other guns where belt feed so there was no need for him to look after those unlike the earlier versions that where drum feed . l could be wrong but with that set up the gunner was elimated in the G-4 with the upward firing cannons

hacker :) B)