Dieselpunk BF 109

spacewolf

On 6/19/2018 at 3:53 PM, Leaning_Dog said:

An absolute joy to watch this one coming together.  Thanks for sharing your skills, tips and tricks - a truly inspiring build on so many levels.

:bow:

Cheers!

John.

Thanks VERY much John, Glad I can contribute to the community here.

On 6/19/2018 at 7:33 PM, Troy Molitor said:

Exactly what John has already mentioned above. A joy to see this come together. Thanks for sharing the build with us.

Troy

Thanks much Troy !! It's great having all of you along for the ride... makes it more fun !

Ok gang..... it's that time again !! :frantic:.... time to see if I can navigate the new site and post pics !!  It's been a while... work, life... you know the tune... but plastic calls and I needs my glue fix !!

After pounding away at the cockpit I needed to Do something different... so under the belly I went...:ninja:.. time to see what I could dream up. I was not happy with how the belly tunnel I'd made looked.. so it got tossed and I broke out my long suffering rocket kits...

2B9nnK9.jpg

I added some louvers from quarter round stock... and a section from another rocket..

YwNaZ52.jpg

The old battery box was closed in...

yByc9dA.jpg

And more rocket parts were blended to make detail...

lhtZ0WJ.jpg

Edited by spacewolf

And the posting of pics works !! :yahoo:..

A box was built up..

hcHC6gx.jpg

Blocks of plastic, copper wire and post it note paper made convincing tubing...

Fow1Vrq.jpg

Grooved sheet and strip stock made a heat vent..

XH2XBJ7.jpg

Bits and rod added side detail

leSNuN1.jpg

Edited by spacewolf

I used the same technique to build a shorter tunnel.. center keel, ribs, sheet sides and planked curved section. I added a couple of Luftwaffe bomb halves from the old Revell FW 190 kit and a section of a tank bit..

Q5NLYrH.jpg

I wasn't happy with the tank bit so it got removed... more detail from bits of plastic and copper wire...

9gVmpMu.jpg

More bits, more wire... pics of a tractor filter gave me the idea for the two 'filters' in the center.. and MENG 1.3 mm bolt heads dressed things up. The 'filters' BTW are burnt out LED's...

VRX36pr.jpg

KMu20Q3.jpg

Edited by spacewolf

With the mid section figured out I went on to the aft section.. more wire, paper and bits...

UpQr30a.jpg

yn4tNv6.jpg

It looked pretty good so back to the mid section and redo everything on the other side... much harder 'cause it has to match.. :BANGHEAD2:... but finally with a bit of piping from stretched sprue...

YQbhJjZ.jpg

AyxPpz3.jpg

MZ57ePU.jpg

I think I'm happy with it... busy, but not TOO busy... things look believable. Detailing is like weathering.. too much or too little looks wrong.... I think I got this right.. might need a bit more here and there but will have to wait till it's primed to get a better impression.

Anyhoo... that's it for this time.. thanks all for hanging in and sharing this build.. the comments help a lot.

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2018 at 6:02 AM, ScottsGT said:

One hell of an imagination to pull all of these details together out of thin air.  I am simply amazed.  You sir, are a true artist!

Thanks ! Not sure what it is, things just sort of come to me and amazingly, seem to look half decent ! :hmmm: