Virginia Marie using Trumpeter P-38 Lightning

dmthamade

Thank you Kevin!! Have you started yours yet?

Don

Nope, I don't even have the kit yet. I anticipate getting mine (Hobbycraft boxing) around May or June, if all goes well. I do already have the Kagero decals for California Cutie though, thanks to one of the LSP guys here.

Guest Maxim

Great result and finish! You did and outstanding job on the Trumpy P-38 as it's not an easy kit to get together.

]

• 2 months later...

I know i'm not the first to say, "Oooh-Ahh!", "Beautiful Build!",  "Super Job!" etc., etc.  but i think taking the time to fill all those rivets really paid off in the finished effort. The "suggestion" of rivets looks so much better than the model having an appearance of a 1960's era, carefully-machine-gunned toy.

Really inspirational to look at. It photographs wonderfully.

-d-

I know i'm not the first to say, "Oooh-Ahh!", "Beautiful Build!",  "Super Job!" etc., etc.  but i think taking the time to fill all those rivets really paid off in the finished effort. The "suggestion" of rivets looks so much better than the model having an appearance of a 1960's era, carefully-machine-gunned toy.

Really inspirational to look at. It photographs wonderfully.

-d-

Hello David, and thank you!! Doing research I never came across a pic of a P-38 with the rivets showing as Trumpeter would have us believe. I did see that most all P-38s showed characteristic rivets in the same locations, these I replicated. Others were at first a disappointment but then I realized the pics also showed rivets in various places in random patterns, so I left them alone. Like you said, the suggestion of rivets looks much better than the way Trumpeter has them or of a 60's toy.

Don

• 7 months later...