B-25J Mitchell

Dukie99

Thank you all for the kind words. I am getting slowly to the point where I can glue the nose section and start about thinking of painting this beast. Hopefully I will get there next week-end. Here is where I stand in the bombardier section. All assembly is complete except for the Norden bombsight and the central gun. Need some weathering but you get the idea.

i-c2hm3WB-L.jpg

Cheers,

David

some progress tonight: finished the bombardier section: not perfect but good enough for me. Of all the internals this is the part I liked the best to build. Installing the machine gun suspension with EZ line a bit tricky but it worked alright. I hope you like it.

i-TTmb2J9-L.jpg

i-T8JktXP-L.jpg

i-WjkFjCS-L.jpg

i-WPL6zcp-L.jpg

i-ckLHz6x-L.jpg

i-jQVL6xL-L.jpg

Cheers,

David

One step closer to painting. The Eduard masks are a God send. Marking masks are Maketar. The fit of the nose section to the rest of the fuse is really good and so is the fit of the glass, there are very small gaps that I need to fill with white glue before painting.

i-mfdLmK8-L.jpg

i-q2bRXQ9-L.jpg

Cheers,

David

After letting the Alclad gloss black cure for a good 48 hours, I shot Alclad airframe aluminum on the bottom surface of the wings and bottom part of the fuselage. I shot white Aluminum on the top of the wings and fuselage where I will eventually shoot Olive drab and I shot dull aluminum on the moving surfaces. Also started painting the Brassin wheels, they are a serious improvement over the kit ones.

i-MtTk2Wd-L.jpg

i-MQFjWwT-L.jpg

i-vPmpj2t-L.jpg

i-tqxL3N5-L.jpg

Cheers,

David