1/32 Trumpeter F6F-5N

Chris D.

Looks great in that blue. I am building the -3N version right now to represent one of the 'cats assigned to the Lexington. That's because I grew up in Pensacola and used to see her across the bay from me everyday.

I found the build to be pretty easy-going, myself. It may have some big flaws according to some, but as a non-expert on the Hellcat I have no problems with it. It looks like one to me.

Really like the result!  Thats a really nice, clean DSB finish there. It makes the Trumpy kit look really really good! 

I actually have the Trumpy kit and Has kit in my stash...............Ive always hemmed and hawed at building the combination of the two I wanted, fearing hoping Tamiya would come out with one, but that is looking less, and less likely day by day, so builds like this may spur me on to get going on my F6F as well. 

Very nice! :goodjob:

This time of year I'm thinking Battle of Midway again, but I've got some cool footage showing a late WWII Hellcat with rust stains on the white under-side, and so the decision process begins...

Guest Maxim

That looks nice! Like the markings and the weathering. The Trumpeter kit is not that bad just a little wide in the cockpit area but at least you have the folded wing option.

I'm planning to build the same aircraft in 48th and 32nd using the trumpeter kit for the 32nd of course. Thank you for your wonderful build. I will use it as a reference. Also to double check my references!!!

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

That's a great looking Hellcat! I built the Hasegawa Hellcat years ago (still had hair) and liked it too! I work with a guy who is retired from the NAVY...was a Tomcat RIO and then went to pilot training and sat up front in the Tomcat. His uncle was David McCampbell the Hellcat ace from WWII.