Mirage IIICJ nose strut

Pete Fleischmann

Hmm, watch parts you say? :hmmm:  I think you're on to something. I wonder if there are catalogues out there that stock these kinds of

Hi Guy!

eBay is the place! Search "tiny watch parts"...I bought a 10g bag of assorted tiny parts years ago, and it contains enough tiny parts to supply a modeler with a lifetimes-worth of really cool super detail parts-

Cheers

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all-

Made some more progress here.. The ejector pin marks on the inside of the nose gear doors were impossible for me to sand away, so  after butchering a hole at each locale, I filed away each opening and re-skinned the doors with sheet-

IMG_5138_zps4eb5hibq.jpg

IMG_5142_zpszefrjws6.jpg

The rest came together pretty easily..

IMG_5166_zps2m9ualeh.jpg

IMG_5167_zpsvlaxyxn8.jpg

IMG_5168_zpsdjrj3ovw.jpg

IMG_5169_zpsy65geyaf.jpg

...This picture is kinda funny. In several grainy, black and white photos of bare metal IAF jets, you can see a tiny placard in the lower left corner of the inner-most gear door attached to the strut. I went digging through my spares box to find something suitable, and was very proud of the decal I selected- Looked just like what I needed...until I looked at the photo below and realized the placard is very readable in 32nd scale and is not in French or Hebrew.. Didn't have my glasses on when I looked at it the first time.

IMG_5170_zpsamv4uosm.jpg

I'm working on the more esoteric items for this build first..The supersonic tanks and R530 are up next-

Cheers

Pete

Guest Peterpools

Pete

Terrific work on the gear and perhaps the stencil data you are going to need can be found on the Academy Sufa decal sheet by Cartograf.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

..and was very proud of the decal I selected- Looked just like what I needed...until I looked at the photo below and realized the placard is very readable in 32nd scale and is not in French or Hebrew.. 

Just add a couple of horizontal/diagonal strokes w/ black and and a couple of dots of white paint - there you go: Ersatz Hebrew.

Beautiful work, Pete, love the attention to detail.

Cheers,

D.B.

Looks fantastic Pete!!!!

eBay is the place! Search "tiny watch parts"...I bought a 10g bag of assorted tiny parts years ago, and it contains enough tiny parts to supply a modeler with a lifetimes-worth of really cool super detail parts-

DONE!   just picked up a bag on E-bay........ Thanks!