He 111 P2 detail thread

( as i have the kit..not started on it yet..buuut..) as promised and long overdue.. here i will start some detail pictures for comming modellers of the He 111

and more details will be posted like in the 88 thread as times go.. so i start withe these humble pictures of the legendary Heinkel 111

He111P2002-1.jpg

Mg15002.jpg

details3.jpg

details4.jpg

He111wheelchock1.jpg

more to come

Guttorm, that He-111's not too convincing - it looks to me like they got the panel lines wrong, and the rivets are way overdone, and the clear parts are too thick. Oh wait, this is an actual He-111! (The previous was meant in the spirit of sarcasm - I really think sometimes that if a full-sized aeroplane were magically reduced to 1/72nd, 1/48th, or 1/32nd scale and changed to plastic some modellers would still find fault with its accuracy). Even though I may never buy it (where would I put it!?), I think it's great that Revell are coming out with a 1/32nd scale kit of such an important aircraft. Now if they'd only do an Ilyushin IL-4...

Regards,

Learstang

Edited by Learstang

Great photos Guttorm!

What a wonderful restoration it turned out to be. I did notice the main gear doors aren't on it. Did this aircraft not have them, or had the originals disintegrated? I recall that the gear door skins were magnesium on the '111.

thanks for the comments. i was planning this thread to be a detailthread ( walk around-inside and out ) like the pinned Ju88 thread ) for details on the original aircraft !

i am not starting a buildingthread yet.. but gearing up with the detail threat

the wheeldoors are gone.. but we have aquired a set of originals that are rebuildt in germany..so we can get doors for each side ( two originals and two newmade )

Awesome! :speak_cool:

Thank you so much, Guttorm, for another detail thread! Your previous one on the Ju 88 proved to be so immeasurably precious for me and anybody else building this kit! So, i really look forward for any news and pictures of this aircraft, too!

How about moving this thread to the sub-forum "Works in progress" to the detail thread on the Ju 88?

All the best, buddy! Great to have you here!! :thumbsup:

Thomas

note that the cockpit on bomb area is blackgrey but the aft compartment is light grey RLM 02

aircraftsfromgardermoen083.jpg

here is also wort to notice that it should be leathercuschins in the open areas where the spend cartridges is..the only area to be without is the small hatch to get rid of spend cartdiges ( darn i need to get those cushions madse..been bugging me for a few years )

aircraftsfromgardermoen090.jpg

Edited by LSP_Kevin
Fixed image links

Hi Guttorm, I fixed your image links for you. In all but your first image, you were including an extra "http://" in the link, which breaks it completely.

well..i hope the mods will pinn it under the Ju88 thread in the "workin in process " section

Personally I don't think it belongs there (nor technically do the existing threads about the F-86 and Ju 88), as it's not a build thread. I'd rather see this kind of information done as a walkaround on the main LSP website. That way the images are impervious to the 'image moved or deleted' Photobucket scourge, and they get exposed to a wider audience.

Kev

thank you so much Guttorm!

right click save, right click save...

:)

as to where it should be, clearly up to the Mods, but my opinion is that more people will see it if it is in a forum (somewhere) rather than via a sub-heading on the main LSP page (if that is what you meant Kevin?)

also, the forums enable commentary and more importantly questions...

just my view of course, and not trying to hijack, rabble rouse, etc etc coolio.gif

Personally I don't think it belongs there (nor technically do the existing threads about the F-86 and Ju 88), as it's not a build thread. I'd rather see this kind of information done as a walkaround on the main LSP website. That way the images are impervious to the 'image moved or deleted' Photobucket scourge, and they get exposed to a wider audience.

Kev

Even better, Kevin! What i meant was to keep these three walkarounds together in one place, so i thought this He 111 thread should be on the same place as the other two threads.

Thomas

Great photoraphs Guttorm, you are a very lucky man working in such an environment. Maybe the posts in this thread could be moved to the walkaround section after a certain length of time - as Kevin alluded to it would be a great shame to lose any photographs/drawings, and perhaps it's time to move the Ju88 and F-86?

they could be moved..all up to the mods.. i once send 20 pictures for the walkaround the T-33.. they never got posted there..so i am not to fond of that walkaroundsite..hehe¨

spending all day taking pics of the T-33 i all detyails..and never got them posted..

but the He 111 thread i would like tos ee next to the 88 and sabre..and perhaps move them when time comes ??

:)