Buildin' a Hurri!

I'm in with a 1/24th scale Trumpeter Hurricane Mk I. Avialogy decals are en route. Eli Raphael emailed me and said that the Zotz decals are out in 1/24th but I can't seem to find them, so perhaps I misunderstood him. Otherwise, the Avialogy ones will work. I'm anxiously watching PhilBs build to plagiarize ideas for this kit.

Robert

I'm in with a 1/24th scale Trumpeter Hurricane Mk I. Avialogy decals are en route. Eli Raphael emailed me and said that the Zotz decals are out in 1/24th but I can't seem to find them, so perhaps I misunderstood him. Otherwise, the Avialogy ones will work. I'm anxiously watching PhilBs build to plagiarize ideas for this kit.

Robert

Well that's the cincerest form of flattery! Thanks Robert and welcome aboard!

Looking forward to seeing your build. Its a great kit and probably one of Trumpeters best!

Phil

Well that's the cincerest form of flattery! Thanks Robert and welcome aboard!

Looking forward to seeing your build. Its a great kit and probably one of Trumpeters best!

Phil

Yeah for plagiarism! (As far as LSP and new modeling techniques go) :lol:

Brian

One issue I'm having, probably because I'm a fumble fingers, but why did Trumpy mold the little cockpit parts with such thick sprue gates? I'm finding it hard to not lose parts.

Yeah Robert, the worst are those small dimmer knobs for the cockpit lights.

I painted them on the sprue then cut them off with a new scalpel blade. I thought it would be impossible to sand something that small without it pinging off into

oblivion.

It leaves a "flat" on one side but I mounted them so it wouldn't show and touched it up with black when it was on the fuse.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I finally got those fiddly bits in the cockpit done.

Now, does anyone have any suggestions about masking off the dials and instruments on the instrument panel? I tried once already using liquid masking gunk, but when I tried to take it off it also peeled up the flat black paint sprayed onto the instrument panel itself.

Thanks!

Robert

Now, does anyone have any suggestions about masking off the dials and instruments on the instrument panel? I tried once already using liquid masking gunk, but when I tried to take it off it also peeled up the flat black paint sprayed onto the instrument panel itself.

That's a bit weird, don't know what masking fluid you were using, shouldn't remove the paint from the panel itself.

Mine were a bit crazed so I ended up drilling them out. Montex do a set of masks for the Trumpeter Mk1 Hurricane and on the sheet with the canopy masks is a mask for the instrument panel dials.

If you can get hold of a set it may be the answer or punch out masking tape to fit the dials.

I have also used tiny blobs of blu-tack pushed on to the dials with a cocktail stick which can also work.

HTH

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

I hope I can get her done. I've been laid up for nearly two weeks with a nasty flu. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: she won't be done by the deadline, but with the four day weekend coming up, she should hopefully be done by Sunday. Better late than never, right? Memo to self: don't get sick again!

Edited by Aptivaboy