1/32 - Spitfire Mk I

Loic

Hello guys,

thanks a lot for the kind words, I am glad you like it.

Keith, you are too rude with yourself, you dicerve a better treatment my friend.

Ok, we are on weekend now so I should be able to find some time to work on it and propose an update.

See you later!

Cheers,

Loic

now the wheel wells. They were completly rebuilt with tin from a sprite can and some card.

The landing gears are not done yet (some things needed to remain to be done on this build!)

DSC04730.jpg

DSC04727.jpg

and finally, the gun bays and the guns.

The wing internal structure was detailled also.

I am really considering openning the lower wing as well.

DSC04731.jpg

DSC04732.jpg

And that's it! Waht ever comes next has to be done.

Looking at those previous pics, I can only witness what a good move it was to buy an airbrush (I had none back then)!

I'll keep you updated guys!

Cheers,

Loic

PS: I really think I am back at modelling this time :D and I pre ordered my B25 (straffer) yesterday!

Thanks Matt,

and it is good to be back ;)

This said, I know I joined lately but it seams very calm and quiet around here...

Anyway, I finally could not resist to open the lower wing amo panels and have also created some amo boxes that I now need to paint. It looks Ok I think, I will post pics later this weekend.

One question, would anyone have intel about what is behind what I think is the radio panel on left side of the fuse being the pit? Was this the same on all marks or is there any Mk I special? Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Loic

Hi!

as promised, here is an update of what I managed to build during the weekend.

First of all, the wings cut out for the ammo boxes... nothing quite spectacular here I have to say but anyway...

DSC04755.jpg

DSC04754.jpg

This being done, I could not resist openning the radio bay and of course adding some details in there.

First, the frame main structure

DSC04753.jpg

These were made from card stripes from various width and thikness.

The radio mount was then added as well as some bits and pieces around just to keep the area busy.

DSC04756.jpg

DSC04757.jpg

DSC04759.jpg

then, the other side.

I have added and detailled the radio mat structure and hope it will be visible at the end (at least a little...).

DSC04760.jpg

DSC04762.jpg

Regarding the radio equipment itself, I have assumed a TR1133 unit that I have tryed to replicate somehow.

DSC04765.jpg

That's it for today. The all thing needs some paint now, possibly tonight, most probably sometime this week.

Cheers,

Loic

Edited by Loic

Hey Loic,

I'm really enjoying this one. I'm ready to pull out a Spit and start replicating! I'm assuming this is the Revell/Hasegawa version with recessed wings? Did I miss that comment somewhere along the way?

Regards from rainy So California.

Troy

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for the comments!

Detailling is actually my favorite task when building and aircraft, I think I could add details for hours :D but here, I had to "force" myself to stop cause there wont be much visible at the end if anything at all.

Troy, you are right, this is the Revell/Hasegawa Mk I with "ressessed" wings that I called "Revegawa" earlier in the thread.

I have also rescribbed and riveted the entire aircraft. Riveting was done with a 0.3mm drill, the one after the other... it keeps it quite subtle but it takes ages...

Anyway, I am glad you like it and I am enjoying working on this puppy again after all this time.

Cheers,

Loic