New Memeber - Revell BAE Hawk T.1

gregh

Good day all,

New member here checking in. I normally build in 1/48, but I've had a desire to build myself a hawk in large scale, and when I came across the xtradecal set for the 100 Sqn special scheme with the camo on the spine, I knew it was the time. I've been reading this forum for some time and am amazed and the load of talent here. The build threads are simply out of this world. 

Anyhow, I got myself the kit, and decided to get the eduard interior set and aires ejection seats for it. I usually build from the box unless completely necessary, and in this case, the big open cockpit warrants some extras.  The rest of the airframe will be OOB however. 

So far I have the fuse with the tub buttoned up, filled and sanded, and the wings are on yet to be filled and cleaned up. I started working on the IP last night. One thing I've never cared for is the pre printed eduard stuff. I find it difficult to match colors, and they still look "printed" to me. But I did decide to use them, so now I'm working on mixing a grey that will match with theirs. Anyhow, I only took a pic of the IP last night, I'll get some more and update my progress throughout the weekend.

I'm not the fastest builder as I have way too many more hobbies that take my time (and money) so it might drag on for a while. 

If anyone has a good color match suggestion to the Eduard stuff I'm all ears.

Cheers

Greg

Well apparently there is an issue with photobucket today and I can't seem to upload my pics. Stay tuned for some.