First WnW: Albatros D.V Komplete 11/7/18

Gazzas

Karimb,

Thank you  so much! 

I've worked really diligently to scrape paint from between parts, and the fuselage does close up quite snugly once I give a few of the parts a little prod to make them drop into their allotted slot.

Gaz

Hi everyone,

Less progress than hoped for this week.  I meant to be painting but found some seams needed neatening.

Today I did a lot of masking...  Most of it for pre-shading:

pRi5Ud.jpg

I also did the prop and axle fairing.  Think I got one layer too many on the laminated prop.  Don't think I'll redo it though.

iA4e4u.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Gaz

Guest Peterpools

Gaz

Super progress and looking mighty good. Don't be so hard on yourself as the Albatross looks great. LNice work on the prop lamination's and color. I did go back and count the laminations and you're right, left to right: isn't the same but unkess it is aggrivating your to the point of loosing sleep, I would leave it as is

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guys,

Thank you so much for the encouragement!

Yes sir, looking good. Your making me want to pull out another Wingnut kit.

Currently I seem to be having a bit of WWI LSP's on the brain.  I have two Roden and two more WNW in the stash awaiting.  I fear WnW will be my undoing.

Gaz

Super progress and looking mighty good. Don't be so hard on yourself as the Albatross looks great. LNice work on the prop lamination's and color. I did go back and count the laminations and you're right, left to right: isn't the same but unkess it is aggrivating your to the point of loosing sleep, I would leave it as is

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thank you Peter!  I find that quite often it's best just to move on.  I have plenty of spare props, and the kit is not specific about which to use...  so I may do another one yet.

Oh man that's just awful !

First thing I do is count the layers in the prop. :rolleyes:

Heh...  every man has his poison!

Gaz

Absolutely the right move

Peter

I'm still at the point where I want to develop a routine way of doing it.  On this occasion I used my Silhouette Portrait to cut ovals for masks.  However, I needed to make a five-ovals pattern but instead made a four-ovals pattern.  So, I used a spare 4-oval-pattern set and a pair of scissors, to make up for the lack, and it didn't come out as intended.

Gaz

HI again everyone,

I got to spend a lot of today at the paint booth (my verandah).  Not only did I do some work on this Albatros, I got to spend some quality time with the Tamiya 109.

I've decided to forego conventional wisdom and do my pre-shading for the lighter colors with darker shades of their intended colors.

Just one pic to show it all:

T7NykE.jpg

For the Jasta 5 green tail I used black because the intended shade of green is pretty dark.  Worst comes to worst, a little Simple Green and a toothbrush will remove the black acrylic without harming the Tamiya white rattle-can primer.

In the center of the fuselage is the only topcoat so far.  It's just a gray band that will be covered by the pilots Wappen.

Yesterday I learned that the aerofoil that covers the axle for the LG should have a panel line in the center.  So...I've stripped it and the propeller of paint for a redo.

Cheers,

Gaz

Guest Peterpools

Gaz

Looking good and looking forward to seeing the paint work after the masking is removed

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Edited by Peterpools