BF-110 G-4

ruzlkampf

Great start Russ! I especially like what you are doing with the engines. I was toying with the idea of grafting the Revell engines to the Dragon kit to turn it into an F-4 but you have the better solution. I have a lot of info on the G-4 armament so if you need any just mail me.

Cheers,

Hans

By the way the Squadron Signal walkaround book has great pics of the restored interior of the G-4 in the RAF museum, but probably alredy have that title.

Hans

Let's swing back to the rear gunners area and see how those 20's fit with a piece of glass afixed. Now I won't be using this piece as I'll be vacuforming a 'G' version, but this gives a good idea of the height and angle.

post-4413-1263650652.jpg

Different angle. Hmmm, yes....this has potential. Gah, really looking forward to mounting the gunsight for these pop guns in the top of the pilots canopy! heh heh.

post-4413-1263650756.jpg

Heeeey Hans! Glad you're following along buddy! Yep, that's what I've been using for a reference so far along with the Osprey 'How to model the 110' book and a few others. That Squadron book is excellent for the work I've been doing on the ammo cans for the MG 151's and gunners position. Lots of new boxes and switches put into the 'G' from the 'C'. Not that tough to do though, this is a really easy conversion. Here's a broad overview of where I was after the first night. Got lots more done now, but that'll have to wait for the next update. :whistle:

post-4413-1263651141.jpg

And the last pic for the night. Different angle with the glass in place. This is a really excellent kit, and is making this conversion go very smoothly. Can't wait to show ya'll what I did tonight when I post more tomorrow. Gotta scram now, but I'll be back later on tonight with more progress pics. Later! Russ

post-4413-1263651369.jpg

YESSSS!! ;)

I'll be watchin for sure!!!, in between breaks on the cartoon BS-17 of course, :whistle:

Funny, I was just talkin with a friend the other day about what is the possibility of a G being made out of the Dragon kit, and here you go almost done with one, or 7, by the time you read this!!

Have fun there fast guy...in my best mobster voice. ;)

Peace as always,

Alfonso

Heeeeey Alfonso! Nice of you to drop in, you crazy peace loving BS-17 builder! :speak_cool: Always a pleasure to have you around dude. Yep Matt, got yer email....and that's just the ticket for getting my 20's afixed to the floor. Most excellent, and THANKS buddy! I'm working on finalizing that installation today.

Been in 'hibernation mode' lately, so I didn't post any updates last night. I'm a bit further along than these pics suggest and figured I'd pause and catch up a bit before I get much further. Got some more done on the pilots seat and wanted to show how I grafted into the 'C' version seat-mount to mod into a 'G'. This is as far as I can go with this until the fuse 1/2's go together as the balance of the brackets and Revi gunsight for the upward cannons work up from the top of the cockpit deck.

post-4413-1263752578.jpg

Been working on all the extra boxes and knick-knacks that get stuffed into the rear pit. This is where I was last night still test fitting the new ammo boxes and upward firing cannons. Got those at a slightly higher angle now. Those PE boxes in front are from the Eduard set and were much too small. Designed for the Revell kit so I've been cherry picking what I can use and scratching the rest.

The rear seat is a woven contraption that I'm going to fudge on a bit as I'll have crew members installed, and it won't be seen. I think I have at least 10 more boxes/panels installed in the rear area now. This cockpit was CROWDED!!!!

post-4413-1263753118.jpg

Also been piddling around with getting the wings mocked up in preparation for the engine nacelle mod. The engines in this kit (sheesh, actually the entire kit) are gorgeous! A few more additions will make nice representations of DB-605's out of these.

post-4413-1263753366.jpg

I got a kick outta how the main landing gear was engineered. Very nice,.....and very detailed and scale looking. The only mod I did in this area was shave the boot off the oleo. Pics I've been looking at have them both on or removed. I just had a hankering to whittle on sumthin. While I was into the underwing area, I took a looksy at the drop tank holes that are marked inside the wing to see which ones needed to be opened. The kit had the carrier brackets and center 'mechanism' already on the sprue tree for a later version. The brackets supplied with the kit lined up with the mounting tabs on the Hasegawa drop tanks I'm using exactly. Sweet! I've already got the new wheels drilled and ready for mounting too.

I should have some more updates later on tonight when I pause for a break. More pics then, eh?! later, Russ

post-4413-1263754071.jpg