Bf 109E - Hasegawa/Frog 1/32

Azgaron

Ha ha! The necessary evils of rescribing. Looks like you've done pretty well mate. Skipping out of the lines is a matter of course for the job, so just fill the mistakes with CA, sand back and carry on! If you're tempted to leave the clean up of the all the mistakes until the end (and do them all at once), my experience has been that you tend to miss them (or forget them) if you don't do them immediately. But that could just be me!

Kev

Whoohoo! I'm really getting a kick out of watching you just run free with this build Håkan! Takes a lot of courage to get out of the comfort zone and try new things. Looks good on ya buddy! ^_^ Whew, you've got a real talent for scribing,.....that's your first time? Way better than my first attempt (or even what I can do now! :hmmm: ) It's hard for me to get started on scribing,...but once I start, I don't want to stop. I just get into a 'zone'. Looks like you did too, cuz that's a LOT of scribing! heh heh.

Looking forward to the next progress pics buddy, no telling what you'll come up with next! Great job! Later, Russ

Thanks a lot Kev, Russ and Vaughn! :rolleyes:

Your comments warms my heart, boosts my confidence and makes me happy! :thumbsup:

I did most of the fixing with CA almost immediately, and sanded! Someone told me to use my saliva to speed the curing process of the CA!

Seemed to have worked fine!

It took a while before I've mustered the curage, but as I've done so much new things lately like scratch building, I thought I might as well try rescribing too!

Once started, as you said Russ, a bit slow at the start, then all of a sudden most of the lines where done in "no time at all" :goodjob:

Got a few hatches and such to scribe too, but I need to get a template or two first!

No, I guess there's no going back now, although I'll build a few OOTB kits just to relax! :) Mad, yes, but in a healthy way I hope! ;)

Cheers,

Håkan

Mad, yes, but in a healthy way I hope! wink.gif

.....but uncurable I'm afraid....you're doomed to AMS!!! :thumbsup:

Anyway, nice to see you're adding more and more scratch items with every build.

Keep up the good work!

(oh, yeah, I also build a few OOTB kits for relaxation inbetween :rolleyes: )

Cheers,

Peter

Excellent work Hakan !

Man, you're brave (read :ph34r: ) to have som many projects running in parallel !

BtW, the curing process of CA glue is triggered by moisture in the air (tip: keep your CA tubes in a closed box with dessicant sachets if you want them to last longer). Saliva certainly has air bubbles trapped in a high moisture content :innocent: , but there must be other ways than spitting on a model of bringing in this extra moisture :hmmm: :lol: :lol:

HUbert.