D and a J Liberator

Guest Smitty44

Ya think? lol ... I got told off by a mod for mentioning another A/C in an announcement thread.

Apparently it was mistaken for a full "wishlist" ...

Staggered while watching as CAD images are being posted of something very different from the OP subject in this one :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

(not bummed in the slightest - it's all very interesting)

I've given up ...

Rog :)

Thanks for the reminder, if I remember correctly it was about 3-5 posts into a thread about a new kit where you said you wished it was a Do 17, and I asked for the thread to be kept on track and not turn into yet another wishlist thread so early - thread creep happens just like conversations run off at tangents, it's strange though I don't think I've seen anyone comment in a wip thread anywhere that someone mentions they should be building a Spitfire instead of a Mustang, anyhoo I didn't say, apparently or not, it was a full wishlist or anything close. Ta!

Guest The Southern Bandit

All that aside and fantasy onward, a Short Stirling as from the old Airfix painting from my childhood ... what a mighty Bomber, not as perfect good looking as the Lancaster was, the ugly sister who never got taken to the dance perhaps?

But the Stirling looked like it meant business, ungainly as it was and lots of brave Men flew in her too !

Bet we'll never see this one in 1/32 injection moulding!

Airfix%2006002-4%20Sterlfr++.JPG

Guest The Southern Bandit

Thanks for the reminder, if I remember correctly it was about 3-5 posts into a thread about a new kit where you said you wished it was a Do 17, and I asked for the thread to be kept on track and not turn into yet another wishlist thread so early - thread creep happens just like conversations run off at tangents, it's strange though I don't think I've seen anyone comment in a wip thread anywhere that someone mentions they should be building a Spitfire instead of a Mustang, anyhoo I didn't say, apparently or not, it was a full wishlist or anything close. Ta!

We all want a Do-17 in 1/32, that goes without saying, every other wish is after that :)

A 1/32 Aircraft wish list staying on track? aye right mate, as much chance of snowballs chance in hell :)

I hope Trumpeter put their A team on the B-24 molds. This could be a really nice kit if they do it well and a big seller for them. I keep thinking: "The Dragon and his tail" How cool would that look! I do prefer Cocktail Hour more though.

b24-cocktail-hour-color.jpg

Sarkis Bartigian has to be the best nose artist ever. Everyone, but everyone, builds "Dragon and his Tail", so great nose art though it is, it's not for me.   I'd be tempted to do "Cocktail Hour", but I like "Mabel's Labels" too.

Edited by MikeC

Sarkis Bartigian has to be the best nose artist ever. Everyone, but everyone, builds "Dragon and his Tail", so great nose art though it is, it's not for me.   I'd be tempted to do "Cocktail Hour", but I like "Mabel's Labels" too.

Agree, great artist ! I like the dragon would would never build it as it would distract from the B-24. Another scheme I like is the below:

bartigian-funny.jpg

We all want a Do-17 in 1/32, that goes without saying, every other wish is after that :)

A 1/32 Aircraft wish list staying on track? aye right mate, as much chance of snowballs chance in hell :)

Yay ... so it's not only me ... :)

Strange... I love the nose arts on the B-24. They were generally far more impressive than the ones on the Flying Fortresses. However, if I really love the B-17, I never had any interest in the Liberator in spite of all the plane qualities and her huge contribution to the allies victory... For reason that is probably as weird, I would buy a Privateer without a minute of hesitation!

Strange... I love the nose arts on the B-24. They were generally far more impressive than the ones on the Flying Fortresses. However, if I really love the B-17, I never had any interest in the Liberator in spite of all the plane qualities and her huge contribution to the allies victory... For reason that is probably as weird, I would buy a Privateer without a minute of hesitation!

B-29's were even more impressive than both the B-17 and the B-24.

I thought I knew the Vulgarian air force, can you expand on that?

d66015a3e51405a6405a42a0c80b5ac0.jpg

Oh, and I found this...

We are loyal to Vulgaria

Falcon of the West

And we toil for Vulgaria,

Feathering her nest.

The soil of Vulgaria

Through all the world is known

From her heights to her Dairy Area

Vulgaria stands alone!

Richard

The beauty of working for the Vulgarian Chamber of Commerce is that everyone is invited to create their own version of airplanes and tanks and trains and whatever. All you have to do is the V insignia and any camouflage on it. The model can be built OOB or be a combination of whatever.. The insignia is the letter V in any font you like, placed anywhere on the thing. 

As I explained in my novel, The Streamlined Locomotive  © Stephen Auslender (available on Amazon Kindle in many countries), Vulgaria is a country lost in wild mountains of the Balkans where anyone can enter but once in cannot leave. Thus there are many cantons (like Switzerland) in Vulgaria. Each with its own language but  joined by the common belief that the rest of the world is the warehouse for whatever Vulgaria needs. Vulgarians do not pay for anything, They steal, extort and swindle the larger countries  to meet their needs. Since so few Vulgarians know the way out of the country they have never had any  problems with invading armies. They allow the intruders in to get lost in the wilds, then actually change the way in behind them with explosives and a vast knowledge of geology.  Once the intruders see the beautiful fertile lands behind the surrounding mountain ranges and are besotted by the beautiful maidens they accept their fate and settle in to be Vulgarians themselves. 

Hail, hail Vulgaria... :evil_laugh:  :fight:  :wicked:  :whistle:  :rofl: 

As soon as I get a smaller notebook computer I shall get back to writing the many other books on the topic of Vulgaria. Two are in progress now.

By the way, that airship shown in the photo above is really a reverse Trojan Horse. They has a lot of secret military devices and plans stolen from other countries, and a few soon to be expatriat engineers and scientists, to smuggle in to the country and, well, this worked.  :rolleyes:

Edited by ssculptor

To keep the thread on track :rofl: now that we have talked flying pencils, how about flying suitcases ? Probably the only one that could overcome my dread of camoed aircrafts (with an Amiot 143, that is ;) ) !

Hubert

PS: good for my fellow LSPers, but the B-24 does not do anything for me, nor the -17, the -29, the -26 or -25, for that matter :)

Edited by MostlyRacers

TWO Libs, TWO Forts, THREE Mitchels, a Marauder, a Lanc, THREE Mossies, now what's missing?

Halibag, Sterling/Sunderland, and the Wimpy.

Add to that the HPH Cat, Dak, and SM.79, along with RoG's BoB German bombers, and by gum, we got the makings of a first class Air Force here.

I'll be happy with just one skinny little Do-17. :crying: