Preferred Airbrush Lubricant? Badger RegDab Needle Juice Any Good?

I have a blue one, in a small tube like toothpaste (but smaller). Dont remember the brand.

However, while i use it every time i strip clean my AB, i dont even know if it is useful. I think once you used 2 or 3 cups of paint in the AB, the lube is all gone.

Edited by Zero77

I use Regdab for my Iwata airbrushes. It's good stuff and I've had no problems with it over the past 20 years of airbrushing. I still have the original bottle as you use this stuff very sparingly. 

Thanks everyone.  I have always used the little tube of Iwata Super Lube than came with an airbrush years ago, but it's finally running out.

I have an Iwata Eclipse CS that likes to continue spraying air once you release the trigger.  It has to do with the air pressure valve under the trigger sticking open.

Iwata's own recommended fix is to use the back of the needle with some lube on it, and push it down in the valve a few times to lube it up.  

It works like a charm for a month or so until it's time for another treatment.

My other airbrushes have never had the same problem.

I also don't think I have ever used needle lubricant as it is intended...to lube the needle.  Don't think that's really necessary.

My favorite online hobby supply store stocks the Needle Juice but not Iwata lube so that's why I ask.  I'll buy a big bottle of it and be good to go for years to come.

:clap2:

Guest Maxim

Actually I use an old trick and run the needle across my forehead a couple of times to pick up a little body oil which lubricates my airbrush needle just fine.

Thanks everyone.  I have always used the little tube of Iwata Super Lube than came with an airbrush years ago, but it's finally running out.

I have an Iwata Eclipse CS that likes to continue spraying air once you release the trigger.  It has to do with the air pressure valve under the trigger sticking open.

Iwata's own recommended fix is to use the back of the needle with some lube on it, and push it down in the valve a few times to lube it up.  

It works like a charm for a month or so until it's time for another treatment.

My other airbrushes have never had the same problem.

I also don't think I have ever used needle lubricant as it is intended...to lube the needle.  Don't think that's really necessary.

My favorite online hobby supply store stocks the Needle Juice but not Iwata lube so that's why I ask.  I'll buy a big bottle of it and be good to go for years to come.

:clap2:

My Iwata does this too, take apart the airvalve in the stem (where the hose attaches) and give it a good cleaning.

WATCH OUT FOR THE TINY O-RING

I dont even know if it is useful or useless, however when i strip and clean my airbrush, i finish with a film of lube on the needle. It just makes it extra smooth.

But i'm pretty sure the lube is gone at the first cup sprayed.

• 3 months later...

I use the badger needle juice.   It works great.  No juice and I have to pull out the needle every hour or so to clean off thick paint residue.   I can go a full day if I blow solvent each time a refill the same color or change colors.  No gunk building up so end of day clean is easy,

Rick