Hawk T Mk 1 ETPS - FINISHED, COMPLET, FINITO ...

Hopefully on the home straight.  Apologies for the very quick and dark shot, but just to show that this bird now has some legs; since the photo was taken I've added the wheels too.

WP_20161019_14_57_41_Pro_zpsuxwlzlb4.jpg

Always a good feeling when you stand a new model on its undercarriage for the first time.

Oh dear, that's somewhat inconvenient.

WP_20161022_12_35_02_Pro_zpsahdlyhr7.jpg

To be honest, whilst that was the gist of what I said, it's not exactly what I said, let's just call it the publicly postable version.  Had a slight accident with a stray bit of masking tape, sticky side evidently guided by one of those workbench gremlins.  All the model needs is a final satin coat of varnish, the seats and canopy, and the various lights.  Now it's another session with some generic lettering ...

Back on track, and I think I have managed to improve the alignment a little.

WP_20161026_16_16_48_Pro_zpst1jr9am5.jpg

A final sealing coat of satin varnish; seats; canopy; navigation and other lights; and she'll be done.  Getting close to the deadline, and a dead washing machine/tumble dryer to deal with this morning.  It will be finished for Scale Modelworld, and planning to put it on my club stand; we have a partial-stand theme of "film and TV", and this qualifies thanks to a 1986 BBC documentary Test Pilot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9knSaT_4Tw

And the Hawk is finished.  I'll do some proper photos shortly, but meanwhile here's some "quick 'n' dirty" tasters.

WP_20161028_14_44_17_Pro_zps7dej7v3o.jpg

WP_20161028_14_44_26_Pro_zpsbghyxgun.jpg

WP_20161028_14_44_29_Pro_zpsivyd6dqk.jpg

It's not turned out quite as well as I'd hoped, but it's not a bad "three-footer".  Thanks to one and all for all your support and encouragement, and for taking the time to click in and have a look.  I'm aiming to have it on the Milton Keynes stand at SMW.