J7W1

fastzx

Thanks all!

I hope that I can rise to your expectations.

I was just glad I found the Utube footage of this plane! I've wanted to see proof of flight for a long time.

I've been infatuated with this aircraft for years and years and it has only been by seeing the great works on this site and the help and encouragement from all here that I even considered this replica a possibility.

Jon

Looks great, Jon!!!

FYI, although you can add me to the list of those who would buy a resin kit from your Shinden master, I would like to point out there may be another kit of this aircraft released in the future, by HPH who did the Avia B534. They at one time were planning on both the prop and jet versions of the aircraft. The prop version shows as a future item on the DMC/coopersmodels website: http://www.coopersmodels.com/page/page/5227919.htm . Of course, we are still waiting on the L-29 so how knows what happens in the future.

I am sure yours would be more affordable, however, and like I said I would be inline for a copy! Just thought you should know about the 'competition.'

• 2 weeks later...

Not looking to compete with anyone one via production...I just wanted one for myself, but have had some requests so I thought I might do a "simple" kit for some diehards with scratchbuilding talents of their own.

It would be a first atempt at resin casting for me and the canopy might need to be farmed out as I have no vac former...Dave Thompson did the one I have from my master.

I am refining the shape and trying to visualize how to break down the assembly so it can be cast without using a ton of resin (some type of hollow casting needed in areas)

It is a pretty tail heavy design.

The shaping is coming along, and have dissasemble some components and refined for ease of casting.

When I do get it cast I will most likely build the plane from the resin pieces and leave the original mockup/scratchbuilt unbuilt.

I will post pics as soon as I'm satisfied with the shape of the engine and wing fillets I'm re-working.

I may have to put a call out for someone to vac my canopies for any kits I make.

Jon

post-791-1241862030.jpg

Excellent work Jon! Love the Shinden, and would like to buy one when cast if I can afford it!

Somehow I come to think of Macross mecha in gerwalk stance when I see the above pic!

Cheers,

Azgaron

• 3 months later...
Good luck. Glad to see you back at it!! PICS????.....Harv :P

It's in 2 pieces now and back in white primer as I was "re-refining" contours LOL.

Cut in two right at the IP.

Life got in the way in a MAJOR way, but I really want this on my shelf!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Harvey

post-791-1251587627.jpg