Yawn

ruzlkampf

Russ,

Did anyone ever tell you that you were insane? :D

Assuming that you could get the CG problems sorted for a lump like that, and the aircraft didn't exceed VNE on idle, then I know that if were taxiing this aircraft, I simply wouldn't dare touch the wheel brakes... :D (you may also have issues getting this build past LSP Dave's 'Only minor additions such as wiring harnesses may be added, etc'...this is some 'wiring harness' indeed :D ;)).

Seriously though, this looks like quite a fun build - the Cub and glider should look very good together. Good luck with the project.

Cheers

Derek

Oooh nooo, Derek. That's not insane....this is. :huh:

post-4413-1224921347.jpg

Future 1/32nd scale NASA F-104A (can't see the tail too good, it's cut down, and the gear and stuff has already been modified :ph34r: ) flying WAY too close in formation. Uh oh, watch out! :o

A single row 1835 would look nice on that!

I was thinking that a Jumo 211 would probably slot straight on.

(Frankly, I'm surprised no-one has tried this before)

Actually, I think maybe Pilatus already did :rolleyes:

Keep it up Russ.

Russ, there's no way I can concentrate on your Piper Cub now that you've introduced the (admittedly insane) possibility of a 1/32 Valkyrie! And a Hustler and SR-71 too?

:rolleyes:

:huh:

:o

<_<

Kev

yep! I think he forgot to take his med's :o

Drum rolls,...trumpets blare in fanfare,...and the curtain parts! (well, okay, maybe a flatulent flutter of escaping air from a balloon...phhhhtttt. ;) ) Gaze in wild wonder at the roaring 80hp behemoth propelling the 'SUPER' Cub? (actually it would fit in the pilots lap. :P )

In the (my) interests of taking this build to the 'next level', and pushing all known envelopes of these GB rules, (Loic would call it.....cheating ;) ) AND fulfilling my vision of what this model will morph into; I will paint this Cub in a natural metal finish. The irony. Why? It ain't metal!! :ph34r: Whoa Ho, I crack myself up..heh heh. The owners of 'Ruzl's Glider Towing Service' have decided to save weight in order to be ABLE to tow a glider, so it just 'won't be painted'...saving 5-6 precious pounds of weight. Management at 'Ruzl's' just wanted to slap a "no fat chicks" bumper sticker on the fuse, but having it 'bare' is a more pragmatic/commercially legal sensitive/cheaper solution methinks. More pics as things progress. Russ

post-4413-1224985865.jpg

post-4413-1224985885.jpg

post-4413-1224985909.jpg

Good to know I am not the only nutter who considers building a model plane that's way to large for my appartment...

No Kidding! I've got a 1/33-scale Sunderland in my stash!

But here's a man who is comfortable with his masculinity (Nice little Lycoming, Russ.)

:P

Keith.