Next WNW

Dave Williams

Maybe they're messing with our minds...they put the Junkers D.I out on that stand, knowing we'd all see it and talk about it...and then...BOOM!...a different new kit is announced...!

LoL!  That would be mean of Sir Peter

No worries - mine also has all the Specials and Mini Datafiles too (and it's already in Excel) if you want it.

And a handy list it is too. Thanks. I'll copy it into my own Excel sheet, adding the data that's pertinent to my particular interests.

So, looking at the ideas on this thread, I have to make a choice between one of a very few Junkers monoplanes that served on the Eastern Front or the undocumented (Luftkrieg '19) aircraft in Lithuanian (with that cool knight on horseback insignia), Estonian or Ukraine service... or maybe a Georgian plane if they got sent south. Either that, or a cool Barnstormer in bright blue or red with appropriate flames on the side.... next to a hot rod of similar colors.

To paraphrase an old commercial, "Betcha can't build just one".

Nice, and a big Thank You to WNW and Sir Peter.

Tnarg

P.S. Thank you Stephen, for purchasing and thinking about building that resin kit, just to make certain that we got an injection molded alternative. And yes, I will add Royal Vulgarian service to the What If? alternatives, plus Bulgarian, Liechtenstein, Latvia, Don Republic and White Russians. You can't build just one... but which ones to build? Sounds like a Group Build to me. Maybe one for April 1st?

Edited by Tnarg

Maybe they're messing with our minds...they put the Junkers D.I out on that stand, knowing we'd all see it and talk about it...and then...BOOM!...a different new kit is announced...!

In reading around on the internet, I have noticed that a number of people have suggested this.  

Not that the Junkers D1 is NOT a real new release, but that it is not the ONLY new release.

Some are suggesting WNW will shock us with a "sneak" new release, likely on Sunday, the last day of the show in Nürnberg.

I personally am not feeling it, but who knows.  

My advice for those interested is to stay plugged into Uschi Van Der Rosten's Facebook page. 

I would be real interested in how they select which plane to 'develop' next.  Fly-on-the-wall so to speak.  Is it a dartboard approach, or is it by committee, or is it:  "the boss wants this one"?  There have been a few head scratchers already.  Like the Roland D.VI. 

Anyway...  we wait ...

Gaz