Fisher Skyray

Dandiego

Paint work continues...

Radome tan was used on the front of the Navpac and a small round antenna on the bottom of the fuselage.

GJt7gs8.jpg

RUlczB0.jpg

After 2 thin coats of gloss white here is what the bottom of the wing looks like.

pUVVrFG.jpg

And some of the squadron paint work has begun. I couldn't find gloss Insignia Blue so I had to use flat. I will need to gloss these areas before decals go on. This is going to be a VFAW-3 bird. Excellent decals for this scheme are included in the kit.

pQ0PeOI.jpg

2glkAd4.jpg

x7f4PoV.jpg

Next up will be to glue on the windscreen and blend it in before the topside grey goes on.

Dan

Off from work this week, so I have been able to make some more progress.

I have attached the windscreen and faired it in with putty. Windscreen was double dipped in future for extra clarity. Focus Dan!

aaPMKSA.jpg

Rocket pods painted. I went with a dark green, could have been dark blue, hard to tell on the photos I have. Also could have been white but I wanted the color contrast on the model.

OLspC9c.jpg

Hand painted stripes on the hook.

vkXNLzy.jpg

Markings on the drop tank. I substituted drop tanks from an A-4. Why? Because the drop tanks that come with the kit are solid resin and add unnecessary weight.

iE6X6ni.jpg

First coat of flat gull grey. I intend to use this as a primer only. Pre-shading will be done next.

OnQ8Xwx.jpg

Thanks,Dan

Edited by Dandiego

More paint progress...

I have pre-shaded the top of the fuselage with flat black.

acRRRr9.jpg

CDdZtPC.jpg

eA40Eyb.jpg

Next was a very thin coat of gloss gull grey. Multiple passes to build up the paint to get that slightly weathered look.

QPIwr4g.jpg

foIrkwo.jpg

Re-spray the nose cone. Mask for the red intake warning markings. This was a pain!

q28m6Eg.jpg

cycJfFr.jpg

Still some touch ups to do.

PJMXsI8.jpg

Thanks Dan

One thing to notice, or rather, not notice are any prominent rivets. The Skyray had a unique skin construction of 2 thin sheets of metal sandwiched around a thin wood core.

When standing next to the plane no rivets are apparent. All that you can see are small Philips head screw tops. These screw tops are not visible when viewed from any distance greater than 10 ft.

Weathering and a panel line pin wash are next.

Dan

Edited by Dandiego