B-17G Little Miss Mischief

Uncarina

That is masterful!

Kev

Kev, that is some very high praise indeed! I'm honored, but I still have a ways to go to reach that point!

Excellent work on the front turret ring etc. Following your build with interest.

Maxim, thank you! I appreciate the encouragement.

Cheers, Tom

Here is the reworked front deck, with a clear cover:

I still have a ways to go (turret motor, wiring, etc) but I'm pleased so far.

Cheers, Tom

Damn...how fast are you? It took me several days to change my B-17. Looks great Tom!!

Another spot I don`t like on the HK model is the gap between the Chin Turret and the aft fairing. On the B-17G that fairing is very close to the turret in order to avoid air moving into the fairing.

You can change that and it isn´t a lot of work but at the end your Lady looks much better.

1. Remove the fairing

2. Install a spare plastic part (I used a spare nose but any plastic can do that job)

3. Reopen that area for the turret

4. Reinstall the aft fairing, but this time closer to the turret.

Cheers Kai

hWDTQp.jpg

jjvjrX.jpgKmaljL.jpgJ4sV4U.jpgeO6v2x.jpg

Wow Kai...That is amazing work on your Flying Fort as well. Are those Archer rivets on the inside of the fuselage? Someone should make a sheet of the alclad aluminum stamps you see on the inside of those airplanes! Both of these are fun to watch...might as well just leave mine in the box with this competition!

Cheers....Ron

Guest Peterpools

Tom

Awesome progress and the detailing is so very well done.

Lookimg forward to following your progress and enjoying each step.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Maxim,

ThanksI It's my first time using the Uschi decals. They behave the same as Aviattics offerings: very tough, flexible, and easy to use, especially with Microsol. I used a Tamiya Deck Tan and Quickshine undercoat.

Cheers, Tom

Can you please post a link  to the Uschi decals?

Another spot I don`t like on the HK model is the gap between the Chin Turret and the aft fairing. On the B-17G that fairing is very close to the turret in order to avoid air moving into the fairing.
You can change that and it isn´t a lot of work but at the end your Lady looks much better.
1. Remove the fairing
2. Install a spare plastic part (I used a spare nose but any plastic can do that job)
3. Reopen that area for the turret
4. Reinstall the aft fairing, but this time closer to the turret.
Cheers Kai

Kai,

Thanks again, and great work on this area. I will keep this in mind when I get to that point.

Cheers, Tom

Wow Kai...That is amazing work on your Flying Fort as well. Are those Archer rivets on the inside of the fuselage? Someone should make a sheet of the alclad aluminum stamps you see on the inside of those airplanes! Both of these are fun to watch...might as well just leave mine in the box with this competition!

Cheers....Ron

Ron, there there, no competition here! At the end of our builds we all end up with something we can take pride in completing, and helping each other makes this a collaboration.

Cheers, Tom

Tom

Awesome progress and the detailing is so very well done.

Lookimg forward to following your progress and enjoying each step.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Peter,

Thanks again! I appreciate your encouragement.

Cheers, Tom

Finished most of the turret motor except for wiring and added the turret control and Norden bombsight. According to Donald Miller author of “Masters of the Airâ€, it was invented in 1931 by a Dutch engineer, but closer to the war the U.S. government spent 1.6 billion dollars to procure 90,000, 65% of the total spent on the Manhattan Project. Note I haven't yet permanently attached the turret cover, but it's getting there!

Cheers, Tom

zTsKWnV.jpg

ivcXIEK.jpg

ah3YTa1.jpg

Edited by Uncarina