Tamiya F-16C 526th TFS Ramstein AB (1988)

Empire

This build is only getting more and more fantabulous! Awesome cockpit, and switches, and IPs, and pilot!!!

Thanks for that kind words. I am glad you like it.

Cheers Kai

Don't sell yourself short Kai - terriffic attention to detail in the cockpit, and the pilot figure looks good with all the modifications.  As for helmet painting - if you are using a brush, Vallejo Acrylics are very good for brushpainting.  Thin with water and mixes easily with each other on a palette thanks to the nozzle in each bottle.

Jens

Don't sell yourself short Kai - terriffic attention to detail in the cockpit, and the pilot figure looks good with all the modifications.  As for helmet painting - if you are using a brush, Vallejo Acrylics are very good for brushpainting.  Thin with water and mixes easily with each other on a palette thanks to the nozzle in each bottle.

Jens

Hi Jens, thank you. No, no...I didn't had an technical issue with the colour.

Maybe I used the wrong words...

I am happy with the application of the paint and I am using also Vallejo for small items. It was more the colour itself. I was looking for a good RAL or FS code for the HGU because I wasn't happy with the colour itself. The HGU is more like mousegrey and my colour looked more like a bluegrey and I couldn't find a code colour guide for the HGU.

Cheers Kai

Ok guys....the revenge of the headless Knight is over.

The HGU is done and sitting on the pilot.

The aft Canopy is not the Canopy that will be installed. It is just the spare Canopy and will be used to protect the Cockpit during the following stages.

As I said...I am not a good figure painter but I am happy with the pilot.

Cheers Kai

TnRIfj.jpgKBZ8Al.jpg4R8zMV.jpg

Edited by Empire

oh wow how did i miss this build, your cockpit is amazing the switches and dials :frantic:  :frantic:

I have one in my stash, thanks for sharing your build, i'm looking forward to see the rest of the build

Question....how do you glue the switches? with superglue? how do you stop it from making a mess?, i've looked 3 or 4 times now and cant see a single switch out of place

Edited by Robthepom

oh wow how did i miss this build, your cockpit is amazing the switches and dials :frantic:  :frantic:

I have one in my stash, thanks for sharing your build, i'm looking forward to see the rest of the build

Question....how do you glue the switches? with superglue? how do you stop it from making a mess?, i've looked 3 or 4 times now and cant see a single switch out of place

Thank you. I am glad you like it.

About your question...I am using superglue from mig productions. It is called "slow dry" and it works perfect.

I applied the glue with a small needle and after you attached the switches and buttons you can move them around for a few more seconds. After a minute or so that glue dries crystal clear and hard as a rock.

This is by far the best superglue I ever used.

I hope that info helped a little bit.

Cheers Kai

Thank you ScottsGT and Steve, as I said I am happy with the pilot.

But compared to special figure painters...I am far, far away from that quality.

A modern pilot figure like my Viper pilot isn`t that difficult to paint because there isn´t a lot of skin. And a good figure without an perfect skin paint job would never look good. And a good skin paint job is always my biggest problem.

You don`t want to see my figure paintings in 1:35 and 1:16 scale....hahaha.

Cheers Kai

Guest Peterpools

Kai

Great to see you back a the bench and building again. Superb front office and for a guy that lacks in figure painting talent - I only with I had a tenth of your talent. Wheels look awesome. fantastic work.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Thank you all.

Right now I am working on the intake and the gear.

I love the intake of the Viper...but for the scale modeling part...this part is pain in the a..

Cheers Kai

• 4 weeks later...

Here we are...not a huuuuge update, but the intake is done...and only 3 weeks later :blink:

After hours and hours of working on the intake, it is done.

It was hard to get it 100% seamless and it was even harder to paint it.

I used Mr.Hobby white and did only minimum weathering. Because in 1988 that Viper was just one year old.

The engine compressor inlet itself is painted with several Alclad paints and weathered with AK washes and pigments.

It is not easy to get a good picture of it...but I think you will see the result.

Cheers Kai

ojT87N.jpguzFBCi.jpg