Yet another Messerschmidt...

KOTR

...a closer look.

Boy, is she filthy! ;) Well, the Verlinden book on the 109 says, the DB engines were pretty "wet", so I did a generous wash with raw umber and black oil colours. Just did belly and wing coolers/flaps at different stages, so they look different :huh:

post-905-1183725352.jpg

That's it for the moment. I hope you like her at least a little bit... :huh:

Thanks for looking! ;)

I don't like it a little bit, I like it A LOT!!! Congratulations

Thanks for you comments :)

Uhm, Chris, small tires?? Well, seems, as if I cut the wrong tires of the sprues. There is a confusing amount of them in the kit, and my progressing cataract, you know...? :blink: ;)

Hey KOTR,

I LMAO at you comments on the paint and the ambulance... ;) ...also the one about postings in the other forums ( I sooo know what you mean mate :blink: )

I love your K4. It looks fantastic. I tried to seat belt thing out the side like you but I made a hash of mine. To be fixed at a later date. Yours looks great...nice touch man.

I think the whole tactical number thing looks very realistic for me. I recently visited our War memorial where there's the G6? in original war time camo and its just like yours in many respects and soooo not like many of the perfectly airbrushed specimens we often see.

Great work...love the table...

Oh...you can fix the tyres...jsut add another 100 psi :-)

Cheers Matty

WOW!!! very nice model there...assembling and painting became super mate!!!

I just start mine K-4 and G-10 simultaneously...soon, I'll post the first pics here.

I hope my 109's will become as great as your did.

Cheers.

• 4 months later...

Thank you, glad you like it :unsure:

"White spirit" is the word I looked up for the stuff I used. Artists usually use turpentine to thin oil colours, but as that stuff is a little expensive, I used a cheaper substitute, the literal translation from german is "turpentine substitute". Its a little like enamel thinner, yet I think it works a little better with oil colours.

• 5 years later...