Spacewolf

spacewolf

And its a big welcome back from me!

Good to see the Itchy and Scratchy show back on the road!

Great stuff as usual Vaughn.

At least you wont have anybody saying this or that is wrong!!!!

Im intrigued and will be watching!

Phil :speak_cool:

And its a big welcome back from me!

Good to see the Itchy and Scratchy show back on the road!

Great stuff as usual Vaughn.

At least you wont have anybody saying this or that is wrong!!!!

Im intrigued and will be watching!

Phil :speak_cool:

Thanks Phil, It's great to be back !

"Itchy and Scratchy show" ?....ROTFL

Ya, doing the oddball stuff is great for keeping the rivet counters away. Watching the P-51 circus makes me glad I do what I do. Stay tuned, more nutcase building is coming your way !

Cheers

Vaughn

Exceptional work Vaughn. :wow:

I love SiFi machines!

Barry

Thanks Barry, here comes some more !

Using the drawings and Alexes tiny resin kit as a guide I cut out a horizontal keel from 1/4 in balsa and then glued on a few formers that I knew were very close to the right shape. Being that I didn't have much to go on I started planking with 1/16th and as the strips began to form the skin I glued support posts in to form the ribs I didn't have.

spacewolf064.jpg

As the skin built up I could see it was working out so continued planking. The cockpit area was built in.

spacewolf062.jpg

After sanding the master smooth and filling gaps, the part was vacuformed and trimmed out.

wolf03.jpg

I made the fuselage gun blister master from an old drop tank and vacuformed over it.

sw5-1.jpg

sw6-1.jpg

The cocpit opening was cut out, the blisters glued on and the detail part cutout and positioned.

spacewolf030.jpg

The only low spot on the upper hull was filled and sanded, you can see the darker putty in the pic.

More in a few days.

Cheers

Vaughn

Looks like a cool project to me. I like whacky space stuff. One of these days, I'll have to finish my Cylon raider kit, as well as the Space 1999 Moon Base Alpha.

Thanks ! Glad to know you dabble in the 'Dark Side.' I'd love to see pics of your Raider.

Cheers

vaughn

With the gun blisters on, I turned to the louvers just under them. I used bass wood and cut a series of shapes, glued them to a strip of balsa and vacuformed thin sheet over them.

spacewolf032.jpg

The rear ends were cut off and the parts trimmed, then fitted inside each other and glued on.

spacewolf038.jpg

With that done I followed the drawings and framed up the canopy windscreen which has a very FW look to it.

spacewolf044.jpg

All was going well until I was looking at the comic for more detail and noticed that the fighter didn't have the typical FW windscreen.. :BANGHEAD2: It looks more like what you'd see on an F-86 or Spitfire....so off came the one I'd built and a new one with curved structure was made and glued on.

spacewolf047.jpg

A canopy master was carved out of balsa.

spacewolf0502.jpg

With things coming along so well I had to fit everything together to see how it looked.

spacewolf0262.jpg

The look of the ship is shaping up well.

spacewolf059.jpg

More in a few days.

Cheers

Vaughn

Cool work Vaughn! Amazing scatch-building really. Do I see a Star Fury in the background of your last photo?

Kev

Yup, thats the Revell kit. It has it's problems but it really captures the look of the 'Fury. Too bad it wasn't brought out in 1/32 scale.

Cheers

Vaughn

Yup, thats the Revell kit. It has it's problems but it really captures the look of the 'Fury. Too bad it wasn't brought out in 1/32 scale.

Cheers

Vaughn

Yeah mate, know it well:

Photoshopped2.jpg

A horrible kit in my opinion, but the only one out there really (if you can find one). I've still got the B5 space station to build yet.

Kev