1/35 S-100 Schnellboot

jeroenpeters

Ok, so here are some pics.

I'm franticly chopping the parts from the sprues.

And sanding the torpedoes nice and smooth. As you can see one can have a lot of fun moving the torpedo in and out of the launcher :lol:

You need to think hard about what to glue yet or not. It's easiest to keep some sub assemblies for painting.

Cheers,

Jeroen

s1006.jpg

s1007.jpg

s1008.jpg

Very nice. I'll be watching this one for sure. I've got Italieri's 1/35 P.T. boat in the stash and have thought about getting this kit as well. I do mostly planes now, but not exclusively, and both of these kits are of great interest to me. Keep up the great work, and the progress shots.

Bob

Very nice. I'll be watching this one for sure. I've got Italieri's 1/35 P.T. boat in the stash and have thought about getting this kit as well. I do mostly planes now, but not exclusively, and both of these kits are of great interest to me. Keep up the great work, and the progress shots.

Bob

Thnx Bob,

What I love about these crafts (and subs) is that you can weather them like you do with armor models. Rust, grease and scratches.

No fun in modeling them crispy clean. So that's exactly what I will be doing with / to this craft.

Here a re some pics of the bridge cabin. I'm really trying to keep this build up to speed. The brackets on the back of the cabin store the helmets.

In between I'm sanding the torpedo's perfectly round.

Cheers,

Jeroen

s1009.jpg

s10010.jpg

PS. The side walls attached to the hull, are badly warped. So are a lot of other parts.

All of these parts I can re-bend, but these side walls are pretty thick.

I'll whip out a blowdryer this evening to see if I can get them to bend back.

I've read about the same problem in other builds of this kit.

Hey Jeroen!

So THIS is where you've been hiding!

Cool cool subject - always wanted do one of these, if only because mu Great Uncle used to tell me stories about these beasts (he was in the Royal Navy and served on Vosper Motor Torpedo Boats).

Thanks as always for sharing.

Nick

Hey Jeroen!

So THIS is where you've been hiding!

Nick

Awww... you got me!

This indeed is a great subject.

Here's what I got today to spice it up a little bit more.

Didn't like the detail on the magazines, since I'm a bit of a gun nut.

Cheers,

Jeroen

s10011.jpg

Good grief, it's like tracking down the Scarlet Pimpernel !

Yet another build to follow, have you NO pity man? my poor eyes are overworked with your incredible detail work as it is....

But seriously, I love this topic too and agree fully .. what a great, and HUGE, subject to weather, I'm looking forward to this one (as well as the Sopwith, the Albatross, the Salamander, the Conning Tow.............).

Cheers

Grant.

thumbsup.gif

Hi all,

Been hackin' away at plastic today.

A lot of parts have found their way to the ship, but it doesn't feel like I've gotten really far.

At this moment I'm thinking what parts to start painting in various sub-assemblies.

Also ordered the Italeri figure set, since I'm getting the swing of figure painting with the U-boat.

Besides, it does add some life to the thing.

Cheers,

Jeroen

s10012.jpg

s10013.jpg

Nice work as usual man. I may be tempted to get one of these big mamer jamers myself. Just read a book about the end of the war in East Prussia and the e-boats played a key role in the Baltic along with the remainder of the heavy unit(PrinzEugen,etc)

J

Thnx Guys,

Even though till this point I haven't had the need for any particular modeling skills.

I've replaced some PE braces and handholds for wiring, since these (offcourse) weren't flat...

Yesterday I recieved the Griffon PE 20mm ammo and I'm waiting for the Italeri figures.

When they arrive, I'll start painting the armament.

The Griffon empty shells are amazing and will be 'sprinkled' around the guns. Might get some extra...

Cheers,

Jeroen

hi Jeroen - re: 20mm shells (and other turned brass shells in 1/35) - check out a company called Adler's Nest who do a nice range of stuff, and also Mission Models who make some truly amazing stuff in 1/35 - I've just got hold of some .50 cal shells and links

http://vodnik.republika.pl/pages/Mission/ammo20.htm

the build is looking good, can't wait to see more!

rich