Tamiya's release schedule next 5 years (suggestion)

timvkampen

Yes, I'd find the money for a long nose recce One-O-Wonder and Six in 1/32. I also believe Tamiya could make the ultimate Thud in medium or big format.

The Revellogram stuff was fantastic thirty-five years ago, but times have moved on. I'm still waving £ in the air for the Kitty Hawk RF-101C, duff intakes and all, and am ready to pounce on its imminent F-101B like a hungry wolf.

Tony

Guest Peterpools

Mike

I've been doing a few 48th scale jets in between 32nd prop builds and and they surely fit the bill for me. Tamiya's new F-14A is a gem and easily has set the bar for 48th scale jets.

Peter

You should try using the "quarter (inch) scale" phrase, then you'd really get the kids throwing their toys out of the pram.

:lol: I'm usually the largest kid tossing his binky around the perambulator when that phrase gets uttered!   I have no clue why it bothers me so................probably my time flying R/C quarter scale.

I have to agree with Tony that 1/32 is getting expensive and out of my reach as well. I have 5 1/32 Tamiya prop kits 2 Corsairs, 2 P-51's and an early Zero that would retail up here for around $1000 for all. I could buy 20 to 25 of the same kits from Tamiya in 1/48 for the same amount. 

I would love Tamiya to do a 1/32 F6F-5 or F4U-4/4B but they wouldn't come cheap. I know I can buy them cheaper else where but when I have to pay the shipping and the exchange rate there's no use. That's why I buy 1/48 Tamiya jets like the Skyray because of the price it's just not justifiable for me to spend $300 Can. on the Fischer kit. 

Like I said in Peter's F-14 thread I can get 5 or 6 1/48 Airfix P-51's for the price of 1 Tamiya 1/32 kit, but if Revell ever does a filleted P-51 in the future I'll switch back to 1/32 because they're cheap ($38 Can.).

Don

It usually comes down to flat out desirability for me. If I feel that I really need it in 1:32, I'll try to figure out a way to make that happen (I'll soon have a 1:32 P-38 headed my way), but if I just want it, and it's not all that relevant what scale it is, I'll usually opt for 1:48.

Guest Peterpools

As I look retirement square in the eyes, buying every 32nd scale I want will be a thing of the past. Maybe one or two at most a year. -_-

Peter