WTF - HB 1/18 scale Harrier!!!!!

Mark M

It's the Trumpeter 1/32 kit, just scaled up. With all of the inherent inaccuracies. Although, at that size, making parts for it wouldn't be the toughest thing in the world. Still would be a boatload of work though to actually pull off an AV-8B+ out of the kit

Matt  :frantic:

I really hope they've done some tweaking and upgrading of the Merit kit, which I recall was like a giant toy. 

Still... looking forward to this. 

Another Chinese company announced a 1/18 F-4 too. So that's interesting... 

-Anthony

I think I would need an addition on my house for that....

Zach

It's the Trumpeter 1/32 kit, just scaled up. With all of the inherent inaccuracies.

hi Matt, which are the inaccuracies in the Trumpy GR.7/9 kit? apart from the turtledeck (undersized) and the nose (a bit misshaped)?

Edited by Luca

Pretty sure this is just the Merit release. Seems to be what they are doing these days to make their money back on the molds for the pre-built versions as that market shrank hard after 21st Century went under. They have done it with the Dauntless and the FW190, so it is only natural to do it with the Harrier. There were a lot of QC issues with that release so it did not do as well as hoped.

The big news is the 1/18 guy over in Louisiana has recently produced a run of 40 Hinds in 1/18 and they look pretty damn good.