Tamiya 1/48 FW190-D9 "Brown 10"

titan8251

Andy,

Just an outstanding applied camo paint scheme. As a side note, I've experimented with Black Basing, White Basing, as well as post shading with lighter and darker shades of any particular color. Honestly, I do prefer the post shading method as you've used. I think that it gives one much greater control both to where, and the actual shading or fading effects.

You mentioned using Montex masks, and I'm planning on trying them on my next build. Are all the marking painted on with their masks, or only some of them, as they all have that painted on look.

Joel

Andy,

Just an outstanding applied camo paint scheme. As a side note, I've experimented with Black Basing, White Basing, as well as post shading with lighter and darker shades of any particular color. Honestly, I do prefer the post shading method as you've used. I think that it gives one much greater control both to where, and the actual shading or fading effects.

You mentioned using Montex masks, and I'm planning on trying them on my next build. Are all the marking painted on with their masks, or only some of them, as they all have that painted on look.

Joel

Joel,

Thanks man.  Only the large markings are painted on.  the service triangles, electrical receptacle,  and first aid markings are decals.  Oh, the wing walk markings are decals as well.   Everything else is painted on.  Montex masks are pretty good and look really good when you are done.  I used them on my 32 scale KI-84 that i on this site as well.

Andy

Edited by titan8251

Andy,

Will check it out. And thanks for the info. I'm getting more and more confident with the masks being a successful alternative to always decals and worrying about silvering and flash issues.

Joel

• 2 weeks later...

Andy,

Just an amazing build. The finished model looks as good as one get it. The camo paint scheme coupled with just the right amount of weathering, sets your build apart from so many that I've previously seen.  Well done, very well done.  :wow:  :yahoo:  :wow: 

Joel