1/72 Mirage IV A

Derek B

Hi All,

In between (still) continual pattern making, I have decided to have a go at making a smaller model and attempt to try and have it completed for the IPMS Newark and Lincoln Expo competition in October (something I last did 16 years ago!). I am not confident that I will achieve my target as I have got a lot of other things coming up to stop me, but I will give it a try.

I have selected the Heller 1/72 AMD Mirage IV A kit as my first attempt at 'rehabilitation' back into normal modelling again (whatever 'normal' is measured as!).

heller---n-351-amd-mirage-iv-a-1-72-p-im

1314_1_hlr80351_1_zpsn6zjvymn.jpg

The first thing to tackle is the cockpit. As can be seen, it is pretty basic at best (and inaccurate as well).

100_9659_zpspfijvriz.jpg

100_9661_zpsscjqyqog.jpg

This is the re-worked and detailed rear cockpit weapons operator's instrument panel (I am amazed that I can still even see any details in this scale let alone make them!).

100_9666_zpsmbdzcqla.jpg

100_9664_zpso20ibio6.jpg

Kit landing lights installed and sanded.

post-596-1185754180.jpg

If I get the kit completed in time, I will foil it, as the last time that I did this (2004), it seemed to come out pretty well.

Mirage4_1973_AW_mc_zpslnmpjwc1.jpg

And hopefully, it will turn out something a little like this!

100_9662_zpseojr5s33.jpgIf I do get the Mirage completed in time, and there is any time left, I will also try and complete one (or both) of these in a similar foiled NMF finish - I have elected to make the Sk 37 Viggen and S 29C Tunnan from these kits (the old Matchbox J 29F Tunnan has been assembled purely as a test airframe for foiling technique practice).

Derek

Another evenings work...

100_9668_zpstrfcxfnm.jpg

100_9669_zpsmn3nsbe3.jpg

Navigator/weapons operator's instrument panel completed.

100_9670_zpsbkdnv3b2.jpg

100_9671_zpspx71sus7.jpg

Rear bulkhead installed and ejection seat plastic card backing added. I have made a seat support column here to fill the gap between the seat and bulkhead. More rear cockpit work to follow.

Derek

Guest Peterpools

Derek

WOW!

Looking fantastic and what a great idea. The IP is amazing and eagerly looking forward to the next update.

Awesome foil work on your jug

Keep 'em coming

Peter :popcorn:

• 1 month later...