Revell 1/32 Duo Discus

Cap'n Wannabe

Unfortunately, that's not an option....renting my house!

Depending on weight of the model, you might want to look into finding a previously installed picture hanger on the wall, or even the Command "no damage" hole-less picture hangers and try hanging it from the wall. Just tossing out some possibles..............

aa8b8035b8ec08943460fb623c528e64--modeli

Although I love Richard's idea, I can only remember the time my Dad made a Red Arrows Hawk into a droop-snoot when he thought a fan heater would help the paint dry...

I've not seen one of these built so I'm very interested to follow along.

Those command adhesive hooks from 3M don't hang on forever!

I realize nothing is perfect, but...............

The Command adhesive hooks have held some quite heavy awards in my display cabinet for going on 6 years now. If they have not let go by now, I would say they probably aren't going to; until I take them down myself.  I had them there for years before putting my SU-30 near them. -  

I hung these in early-ish 2012:

20170730_205510_mod-XL.jpg

More progress....slow, but steady.

The other day, I glued in what I presume is the engine cover...guessing there's a powered version out there somewhere.  The instructions call for putty to fill the "panel lines" that would result from it going in.

b5l1oqyl.jpg

I've also masked the main gear with cling wrap, and the front wheel, so I could fill the gaps in that section.

IECxfJNl.jpg

Another thing that is a little surprising is the inboard control surfaces need to be puttied over as well, so out came the masking tape to protect the outboard surfaces and detail on the underside of the wings.

w4bhchhl.jpg

wf52vCil.jpg

Oh, did I mention I *hate* puttying....

• 1 month later...

After a bit of a hiatus, I'm back on this model.  Sanding, sanding, and more sanding.  Now I have a small issue - on the bottom of the wing, where I have to fill and sand to remove the control surfaces, there's some fine raised detail that I don't want to sand.  Other than "be very bloody careful", does anyone have any suggestions for protecting this area?  I originally covered it with Tamiya tape to stop the filler from clogging it, but I find the tape makes it very difficult to get that last little bit of filler..

zODAHxal.jpg

Well, it's been decided by a complicated process of elimination, battles royale, and the closing of eyes and throwing darts at the instructions.....
The winner is:

*drumroll*

D-KUNK

Goodnight folks, and thanks for watching!

<Richard tears up losing lottery ticket in disgust>

Richard

Not happy, Jan!

I glued the appropriate wingtips on last night, and prepared the wings for priming......only to find I'm out of Tamiya grey primer.  No problem, thinks I....I'll just nip out to the LHS and get some more.

So I jump in my car, and off I go......only to find the place has closed.  :(

Another one bites the dust...

Hi Cap'n, great work so far on that Duo! If I may chime in regarding your chosen paint scheme: D-KUNK is a Duo Discus T, which has an auxiliary 'Turbo' engine. Since you puttied the engine doors on the back, that would be a little inconsistent.

Don't know why Revell included the decals in the first place... Not that you need to care, just wanted to let you know :)

Greets, Jonas

PS: Sorry to hear about your LHS :(

EDIT: You could however take the orange nose and wing decals and just take another

registration, it's a fairly common scheme for Duos.

Edited by holzemjo